• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My apartment humidity

stewa070

I left my coolerdor open last night to try to bring the RH down a tad. It dropped from 72-68 and has stayed there all day. 68 is ok, but shy of 65 climaxx beads is there anything else I can do to lower the humidity?

Not really... you just need to let the Igloodor dry out a bit. You have to realize that it's not the beads that could be causing your high RH.... it could be all the wooden boxes in the cooler. The boxes absorb moisture as any wood does and in my experience it takes longer for the wooden boxes to give up it's humidity than Climmax beads.

You may want to remove all the beads and let the Igloodor stabilize for a day or two then check the reading. If it's still high then you've found your problem and need to dry out the boxes a bit. If the RH is low then place the beads back in and after the Igloo stabilizes take a reading.... by doing this you can tell what's causing your high RH. BTW... if the beads are too wet you can easily dry them out a bit using a blow dryer.

Good luck in stabilizing your Igloo and hope this helped!

Aloha,

Wade