• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Birthday smoke

DarrenR

I swear I am number 8!
Padrón 1964 Anniversary Series Exclusivo
Ring: 50
Length: 5.5
Wrapper: Maduro
Beverage: Absolute, ice, tonic and some lemon.

I will start by saying I came home from work and sat outside with my 2 awsome kids and my wife. It could never get better than that, all I could hope for was to inhance it. :D
This was the last of a box I purchased few years ago. So that is the one sad point. :(
Construction: If Fuente cigars are the 3 peice suite of cigars then Padrón is the military dress. Always exellently constructed. Everything in it's place and a place for everything. ALL ABOUT THE BUSINESS. Tight wrapper, nice gloss and smooth to the touch. It screams smoke me!!!!! I love Padróns quality. :thumbs:
Prelight: The aroma of coffee and cedar was very present. This has been in my humi awhile so the aroma has really grown fuller since the first one I had.
The Light: What would you expect. It tourched even and fast. The ash was a brilliant white and very tightly ringed. The smoke was not overly flowing but was steady and rich. If I have one complaint about these they seem to burn a tiny bit hot for me. I just let them rest between puffs.
Taste: The flavors have always stayed consistant to me with everyone of these I have ever had. Coffee, earthy wood, cedar and mocha. What has changed over time is the amount of each. As they have aged for me the earth and mocha tones have taken over while the coffee and cedar are more of an aroma than flavor. That's what I love about these the strength is in the flavor not the strength of the tabacco like an Opus IMO.
Verdict: I love the PAM. Young or with age it doesn't matter. Over all score 9 out of 10. I still taste it 1.5 hours later. :thumbs:
I am already planning on buying another box soon. If you have not tried one these are a must have! There is only one cigar I would pick up before one of these right now and that starts with an A and ends in an O. LOL
Keep it up Padrón. You ROCK!

DarrenR

Hey, nice review #8. :)

I love Padron, always have.

I believe a happy birthday is in order here, enjoy the rest of your day.

Brian

Happy Birthday! The PAM Exclusivo is one of my favorite cigars! Everytime I fire one up I can feel the pride of the workmanship and the passion that goes into this cigar. They will always have a place in my humi. Glad you enjoyed such a great smoke on your birthday.

Absolutely one of my favorites... currently I've had to "settle" for PANs instead.. PAM Exclusivos I've now learned to buy by the box when available!

And happy B-day (belated) to the OP!

Robert