• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

my buddy goes under the scalpel today

PTownshend

big-nosed cigar freak!
Hey gang,
Not sure how this will be received, but I know a lot of you are dog owners who love their animals out there. My 9 year old (soon turning 10 on May 5th) Pappillion, Mickey, is having a surgery today to remove bladder stones. No biggee, most would say. He's had these before (40% of dogs with bladder stones get them again). However, my concern as perhaps an overly concerned dog owner is that he is now nearly 10 years old and coming out of the surgery might be a bit more tricky. My vet is good (she operated on the dog before) and she assures me things will be fine, but did reitterate that things could be dicey when he comes out of the anesthetic.... not sure of the odds, but there is always a chance. They'll be keeping him overnight to watch him on his first day of recuperation, if all goes well.

I guess this has me a bit concerned...... should I be? He's healthy with good liver function, and a very robust lifestyle and attitude. Maybe I'm being a bit overly paranoid... maybe spot on. Who knows.

All I know is he'll be under this morning and hope you guys can pray for me and him that he pulls through, ok?

A concerned dog owner and BOTL,
Darren

Mickey_after_2.jpg

Nice doggie, hope he'll be fine :thumbs:

Thanks Michal. I just dropped him off 20 minutes ago and feel a little better. I have a great veterinarian in my corner, doing the surgery. I was allowed to plug her with questions until I felt satisfied. Still a little concerned (and won't be able to pick my little dog up until tomorrow around noon) but thats ok too.

Darren

As a dog lover I can understand the stress. I hope all works out well Darren.

They are family and deserve to be treated as such. There are very few humans who give me the fulfillment that my dogs bring me. I hope all goes well. Let us know.

They are family and deserve to be treated as such. There are very few humans who give me the fulfillment that my dogs bring me. I hope all goes well. Let us know.

X2.... hope everything goes well for your dog.

Best wishes for you and your dog, Darren. We have four little dogs here, and as has been said, they are indeed family.

Good luck, my friend - B.B.S.

Two Poms and a Black Lab in my home. I share your pain and hope your buddy has little.

Seth

Darren - I truly hope all goes well. My little guy is a large part of our family as well.

Good luck, David

Good looking dog, best of wishes for your dog and family, i know what you're going through. :thumbs:

A special heartfelt and warm thanks to all of you for bolstering my spirits. I just got off the phone from the vet who did surgery on Mickey and all is well. He is currently getting his teeth cleaned and will be coming out of anesthesia shortly. All is well and we seem to be out of harms way.

Thanks so much again to all you BOTLs for your well wishes. Pictures of the recovering Mickey (with his favorite ISOM stick between clean teeth!) will be forthcoming shortly.

Warmest regards to you all,
Darren

Great to hear that Mickey is doing well. Love my dogs and know just what you're going through. Thoughts and prayers sent for a full and speedy recovery.

What a relief. I know its tough sending a dog under the knife, but it sounds like things are okay.

good to hear your little feller is ok.

That's good news! I'm so glad. Now smoke something nice and think about all the good times past, present, and future that you will spend with him.

Glad to hear everything went well. Bet you can't wait to have back with you tomorrow?

Glad to hear all went well with Mickey!!! :thumbs:
Take care Darren!

Hey Islesfan,
I'm very VERY much looking forward to getting my little man back tomorrow. I was asked to let the vet techs administer the medication and do their morning checks on Mickey before I go to pick him up; though I was given the ok to come and get him at 8am, I think it best that the routine care be taken before I bring Mickey home. I'm sure I don't need to tell you all but I am dying to bring him back to familiar ground so that he can feel at ease and in a "better place" healing in familiar surrounds.

And I miss him so.
Darren :blush: