• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My days as a Cowboys fan are probably over...

ALostTexan

The Travelin' Cigar Man
Well, my friends, I think I am going to have to cut my last ties with the Dallas Cowboys. It looks like they are going to sign Terrell Owens to a pretty good contract, 3 years.

I just don't think I can support the team anymore. Of all places he could go, it is to the team that he disrespected nearly as much as the Philadelphia Eagles.

This is a sad, sad day for Cowboys fans...

ALostTexan

The Cowboys can have him, he is poison...

Come to the darkside, hail the Redskins

Greetings! I have not actually been much of a Dallas Cowboys fan, nor much of a fan of professional football in general, since those legendary days of Tom Landry and his great Dallas Cowboys finally came to an end. Yes, it was great football back then, and I always enjoyed watching the games. I always had the utmost of respect for Mr. Landry. To me, professional football just does not seem to be quite the same anymore. But, there are still several great professional football teams out there. Regards, knightlaird

Well, if anyone can handle T.O it's the Tuna. This should be fun to watch.

Doc.

Well, if anyone can handle T.O it's the Tuna. This should be fun to watch.

Doc.

I'm a die hard Skins fan and just glad he didn't land in Washnigton. I think you're right about the Tuna, though, Doc. It will be interesting to watch.

Business is business and love is bullshit. It'll be entertaining to see if T.O. can keeps his mouth shut.

Business is business and love is bullshit. It'll be entertaining to see if T.O. can keeps his mouth shut.

T.O., keep his mouth shut? NEVER! I thought when Deon Sanders was playing he was bad about all the stuff he would open his mouth about. T.O. makes Deon look like he's a teddy bear!

Maybe Jones' ego will cancel out T.O.'s...naaaah.

too bad tex, seemms as though T.O. is just i love with himself, not much of a team player. but he can bring a lot to the table, if the cowboy organization can control him. BIG IF! :cool:

Once you disrespect the team like he already has, you are through in my books. Too much bad blood being brought to the table...

ALostTexan

Glad he's finally gone from the Eagles but I feel bad for the Cowboys fans now. T.O. is just another great football player with a big mouth that will eventually hurt him at the end........ :) :thumbs: :cool:

I agree. I have been with them since the beginning, thick and thin. Glory days and 1-15 records. Now I have to rethink my loyalty. T.O will not help them at all, just poison even more what has been a mediocre team of late.

Denver looks good to me!

I am now accepting applications from other teams to root for...

The face of America's Team is now this assclown. Argh.

I am now accepting applications from other teams to root for...

The face of America's Team is now this assclown. Argh.

It's not the first idiot that the Cowboys have ever had. I knew he'd end up there.

I don't understand.... is it the team you dislike, the player (T.O.) or management for bringing him to the team? As a diehard Cubs and Bears fan, I've seen people I like come and go and management decisions that were not to mu liking. But, I've still remained a loyal fan of the team and the institution that is Chicago football and Chicago northside baseball. I don't think it would matter who was on the team or who was running the team, I'd still be a fan.

For me, I don't dislike the team. I love the Cowboys. I've watched them even before their wonderful 1989 season that had them going 1-15. I've been a fan of the team - win OR lose - so long as they were still respectable.

First, a clarification. A team is comprised of two key componenets. The ownership and the players. As long as the ownership is making good decisions, I have no problems rooting for the team. If the players become bad - as the case with Michael Irvin and that crew of misfits, that's just a pitfall of money and the lifestyle and the onus is on the players.

However, if ownership brings in someone with a clear track record of bad behavior, that is NOT a good decision and thus the onus is on the ownership, not the player - as the case with TO.

I dislike TO, but moreso, I despise the management for bringing in this cancer. What they've done and continue to do to the image of the franchise is tragic. It's extremely hard to root for a team when everything that they do and every decision they make goes against everything that I as a fan believe in. Someone like TO I wouldn't spit on if he were on fire and now he's on "my" team. How am I supposed to cheer for the team now? If TO is everything that is wrong with sports, then what does that say about the Cowboys and their decision to have him be the new face of the team?

By supporting the team, I am also supporting the management's decision to allow someone like TO to get away with the b.s. that he does.

In this same spirit, while I dislike the Eagles as part of my Cowboy nature, I respected them as an organization in how they handled the TO situation. I would've been proud to be an Eagles fan then, regardless of our win/loss record. I just can't say the same anymore for the Cowboys. :(

Well first off, and I think Brandon will agree with me, you guys are in the wrong division. :D Michael all you need to do is move your loyalties to the NFC North :p

Just stay away from those Packers. :thumbs: They make you wear cheese.
The avatar shows it all. :cool:

it's all about the Vikings, though I do know what you mean about poor management

At least we're only team that will survive the salary cap cut when it happens