• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Father Le Bijou 1922

Amendments

Afternoon gents. I had a review-worthy stick last week that I'm late in getting to press due to a busy week. I've been cooking a My Father The Judge in the humidor for a couple of weeks that isn't quite ready yet, and this had been flirting with me in one of my shops so I finally broke down and gave her a go.

7QrQCZT.jpg

I think this was a toro (6x52) but could've been the grand robusto (5.6x55). I love the dead sexy curb appeal of the entire My Father collection and Le Bijou certainly didn't disappoint. The band is beautiful but the oily wrapper was just magnificent. I definitely caught a rich leather and coffee fragrance, and the pre-draw was flawless. After a quick flame bath she looked like this.

NVkU1dY.jpg

A little early running of the burn but it evened out quickly. Again, a beautiful draw from the moment it was lit and I was immediately greeted by a wonderful flavor profile that even my untrained pallet was able to, partly, decipher.

The coffee was strong in this one and it definitely wasn't your gas station Folgers either. It reminded me of the Americano I ordered every morning when I was in Havana several years ago, and that I honestly miss as much as their amazing cigars. I didn't get too much the leather to start, but there was a faint sweetness that came in and out of the flavor profile the whole way through. It wasn't fruit or chocolate but it took me almost the whole cigar to figure it out.

aVXGGeR.jpg

92zk4Jr.jpg

The full-bodied advertisement didn't disappoint, this was a lot of cigar. A casual smoker would call it "stong," but that doesn't tell the entire story. It can certainly overpower you with its flavor profile, but if you take the time to hold and study each billowing draw, you're rewarded with a much more interesting cigar than a stock Ashton.

2FyV8Ux.jpg

I took the rest of the cigar to the car so no more pics, but I finally figured out the mystery sweetness that had been playing with me all this time: raisins. A very rich and subtly sweet raisin. A wonderful cigar that I enjoyed very much.

OMUVlKg.jpg

uiymUem.jpg

ody9Whr.jpg

Off topic, but the band on this Adventura was the most interesting I'd ever seen. You can easily see that it's metal-and not easily removed mid-smoke, I may add-but the texture is exactly that of the foil you'd find at the top of a bottle of wine. Unfortunately, the band was more interesting than the smoke.

Great review and would definitely agree with your notes on the Bijou. One of my favorites

Great review. The Le Bijou is a favorite NC, and I think you hit it on the head with "raisins". It, like many MF offerings, is not a light cigar by any means. I think the corona is my favorite vitola in the MFLB lineup.