• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My favorite wine

beastinem

I don't drink a LOT of wine. But I do love one particular wine and was wondering if anybody has heard of it. (Those of you CP members in Germany will know it). It's called Eiswein and my wife and I are ALWAYS looking for it here in the states. We find that you can normally only get it at specialty wine stores or bigger wine distributors.

For those of you that have never tried it, it is a white dessert wine from Germany and it is fantastic. Of course some are better than others, but when you get a good one......oh boy! My wife cuts hers with a little Sprite sometimes to make a "wine spritzer".

I fell in love with this wine while stationed in Germany back in 2003 and have never tasted anything that I like more. I used to go to the wine fests and stock up on about 20 bottles and they would be gone within a month.

If you have ever tried this and know of a place to get a good one here in the states, I would like to hear about it.

-Zach

I know it well. Eiswein is similar to Ice Wine from Canada and the Finger Lakes region of NY. Many of the wines from Alsace are almost as sweet, but not as thick and rich. My personal favorite though is the Saturnes from Bourdeaux. Give those a try if you get a chance.

Beast,

PM Srnadel... Seth is in the business and if he doesn't have what you need, he should be able to give you good advice on where to go. I haven't purchased wine from his company but I bought several bottles of Scotch for a great price and quick delivery.

Hope this helps,

Rob

I've heard of it, but never tasted it. My favorite would have to be Quady Electra, if anyone has had it, they will know to love it contains. Good luck hunting, I love desert wine!!! :thumbs:

/Thread Jack

I know it well. Eiswein is similar to Ice Wine from Canada and the Finger Lakes region of NY. Many of the wines from Alsace are almost as sweet, but not as thick and rich. My personal favorite though is the Saturnes from Bourdeaux. Give those a try if you get a chance.

Thanks Chemman. I will look into them!

Beast,

PM Srnadel... Seth is in the business and if he doesn't have what you need, he should be able to give you good advice on where to go. I haven't purchased wine from his company but I bought several bottles of Scotch for a great price and quick delivery.

Hope this helps,

Rob

I will shoot him a message. Thanks Rob. I can't believe how hard it is to find a good Eiswein. It's hard to justify spending $50 bucks on the bottles that I do find when I have never tasted that line of Eiswein. Would hate to waste that kind of money.

I've heard of it, but never tasted it. My favorite would have to be Quady Electra, if anyone has had it, they will know to love it contains. Good luck hunting, I love desert wine!!! :thumbs:

/Thread Jack

WKOTI, you should definitely try to track down a bottle and try it. It's amazing :)