• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My final post

Matty_Vegas

Wayne Newton Mafia Boss
First things first, I would like to extend a whole hearted apology to all of cigarpass. My actions recently have destroyed any credibility I had here. What I did was not out of spite, but out of embarrassment of my own actions. Unless things change, this will be my last post here, so bear with me.

I ran into a patch of bad luck, and without going into detail, things got hard. My plans were never to forsake my kid in secret santa altogether, but to quietly get him something out as soon as I could and sneak off and leave. Because I realize I cannot afford to participate in my hobby on this site any longer. That did not become an option with people started calling me and emailing me about what happened.

So I posted and took the full blast of the typical “you are a horrible person blah blah blah” rap that most get when the do something that damages the community and whatnot.
And I agree I deserve it, however it is disappointing to me that I will never be given the opportunity to right the wrongs I have commited.

I will not any time soon have the funds to bomb out a bunch of expensive cigars to a bunch of people in hopes of “earning” respect back. I actually considered mailing out a very nice promethus desktop humidor I have in hopes of getting some favour back. But then I came to the realization that no matter what happens I am pretty much screwed here.

Cigarpass has never been a fan of second chances, as a matter of fact, this site is know for the mob mentality that overcomes it at the drop of a pin. Did I deserve what I got, absolutely…is it fair? That is not for me to decide.

The bottom line is this. I lost all my credibility and respect people had for me here because I was trying to keep my own personal problems hidden from everyone else. And it cost me dearly

In closing, there are a few people here I would like to personally thank for all the enjoyment over the years.
Rod-you are the man.
Captain leafheart…When I donated my last bag of clothes from the clothes drive I listened to Richard Hell thanks to you.
Scott…you are a true friend
There are countless others as well, but that would take far too long to name them all, you know who you are.

So long and thanks for all the fish

This makes no sense, in my opinion. Regardless of any situation you might have been in, you could have simply contacted NorCalCigarLover to tell him you had to drop out, and everything would have been fine.

I really fail to understand how this can be considered anything other than negligence. If you've fallen on hard times, and have no stash of cigars you draw from to send out to your SS kid, then do the honorable thing... communicate the issue to David, and bow out.

I don't get it.

First things first, I would like to extend a whole hearted apology to all of cigarpass. My actions recently have destroyed any credibility I had here. What I did was not out of spite, but out of embarrassment of my own actions. Unless things change, this will be my last post here, so bear with me.

I ran into a patch of bad luck, and without going into detail, things got hard. My plans were never to forsake my kid in secret santa altogether, but to quietly get him something out as soon as I could and sneak off and leave. Because I realize I cannot afford to participate in my hobby on this site any longer. That did not become an option with people started calling me and emailing me about what happened.

So I posted and took the full blast of the typical “you are a horrible person blah blah blah” rap that most get when the do something that damages the community and whatnot.
And I agree I deserve it, however it is disappointing to me that I will never be given the opportunity to right the wrongs I have commited.

I will not any time soon have the funds to bomb out a bunch of expensive cigars to a bunch of people in hopes of “earning” respect back. I actually considered mailing out a very nice promethus desktop humidor I have in hopes of getting some favour back. But then I came to the realization that no matter what happens I am pretty much screwed here.

Cigarpass has never been a fan of second chances, as a matter of fact, this site is know for the mob mentality that overcomes it at the drop of a pin. Did I deserve what I got, absolutely…is it fair? That is not for me to decide.

The bottom line is this. I lost all my credibility and respect people had for me here because I was trying to keep my own personal problems hidden from everyone else. And it cost me dearly

In closing, there are a few people here I would like to personally thank for all the enjoyment over the years.
Rod-you are the man.
Captain leafheart…When I donated my last bag of clothes from the clothes drive I listened to Richard Hell thanks to you.
There are countless others as well, but that would take far too long to name them all, you know who you are.

It's not about bombing expensive cigars or humidors, it's about your actions.

If you were in the position that your SS kid was, how would you feel that your Santa received cigars, but didn't have what it took to stand up and admit that he was late? You took the path of no communication, so all credibility lost is from your actions.

I hope you the best in the future.

I would like to reiterate, respect is in no way earned by sending cigars to others. You can't bomb your way into CP's good graces. Anyone who thinks otherwise simply does not get it.

Matty I am sorry you fell on some bad times but you know better than that post. CigarPass has always been a place for second and many times third and fourth chances as long as you man up, admit your mistake and move on. You had many chances to send a simple message to David letting him know what was going on and you chose not to. This community thrives on communication and chances are people would have been falling over themselves to step up and volunteer to help you out in your time of need had you let someone know.

Matty, my guess is you wanted everybody to know about your hard times for whatever reason. If you didn't, you would have simply contacted David and bowed out quietly. It's also a hell of a lot easier to leave someplace you want to stay if you can blame it on being "run off".

You didn't have any cigars to send out? What happened to the gift you got from your Secret Santa? Seems like if you had just passed that along to your kid (while also informing David of what you were doing and why), none of this would have happened.

Rod-you are the man.

That's not an apology. It's a back handed slap at CP. If money is tough then don't play. The blame is all yours. You didn't have to sign up for the Secret Santa! You didn't have to drop off the face of the world because you screwed up. Send a PM and it would have been covered.

Then to top it off you write this and say you where thinking of buying your way back and that CP has mob mentality. You don't get it and don't deserve to be with this community if this is what you believe.

DG

You didn't have any cigars to send out? What happened to the gift you got from your Secret Santa? Seems like if you had just passed that along to your kid (while also informing David of what you were doing and why), none of this would have happened.

part of what I sent him was from my secret santa stuff

If it looks like BS and smells like BS it's probably BS!

Edited to add......

I really like your sad sack crap below.....given the fact that a simple communication would have taken 30 seconds and you did nothing for weeks......your were given countless thousands of opportunities!

Code:

I was not directing this in a negative light on cigarpass. I honestly think I am so deep in the "stuff" no matter what I say will be construed as negative. Looks like my final post was not my final post...who woulda thunk it, looks like everyone was right about me.

referring to bombs and whatnot...it was going to go out as more of an apology than a bribe, it is just not in the cards right now

Regardless of any situation you might have been in, you could have simply contacted NorCalCigarLover to tell him you had to drop out, and everything would have been fine.

If you were in the position that your SS kid was, how would you feel that your Santa received cigars, but didn't have what it took to stand up and admit that he was late? You took the path of no communication, so all credibility lost is from your actions.

You had many chances to send a simple message to David letting him know what was going on and you chose not to. This community thrives on communication and chances are people would have been falling over themselves to step up and volunteer to help you out in your time of need had you let someone know.

Matty, my guess is you wanted everybody to know about your hard times for whatever reason. If you didn't, you would have simply contacted David and bowed out quietly. It's also a hell of a lot easier to leave someplace you want to stay if you can blame it on being "run off".

See the recurring theme, its all about communication. Communication would have prevented this, atleast to the extent it turned out to be.

That's not an apology. It's a back handed slap at CP. If money is tough then don't play. The blame is all yours. You didn't have to sign up for the Secret Santa! You didn't have to drop off the face of the world because you screwed up. Send a PM and it would have been covered.

Then to top it off you write this and say you where thinking of buying your way back and that CP has mob mentality. You don't get it and don't deserve to be with this community if this is what you believe.

DG
Very true

part of what I sent him was from my secret santa stuff
You are missing the whole point!

Give it up boys.
This one is over, unless you like kicking a man while he's down.

Take this as a object lesson newbe's, always follow thru with your commitments.

Rod, I think it's time to Lock this thread. Good by Matty and I hope you have learned from this....... :(

Give it up boys.
This one is over, unless you like kicking a man while he's down.Take this as a object lesson newbe's, always follow thru with your commitments.

So true!

Linky

http://www.cigarpass.com/forum_etiquette.shtml
Rule #12 ;)

DOH!

This looks like one of those times when my mom used to say......."you're cruisin for a bruisin son"