• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My First AR Build

elderboy02

Here are some pics of my 1st AR build. Let me know what you think:

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

Specs:

AR15.com lower
Daniel Defense Lower Parts Kit
CMMG 16" MidLength Upper. Chrome lined 1/7 barrel and chamber
LaRue Tactical Padded 2 Point Sling
Magpul MOE Grip Flat Dark Earth
Magpul CTR Carbine Stock (Milspec) Flat Dark Earth
DSA Milspec Buffer Tube Kit
Magpul Flat Dark Earth Magazines
Midwest Industries Emergency Rear Sight

I plan on either getting an EOTech 512 or an Aimpoint for the optic. I already have an EOTech on my other AR, so I am leaning toward an Aimpoint

Very nice. I have been playing around with the idea of building one myself. Thanks for posts your specs. I have never did a build before and I was looking to do something similar to yours so it helps to have the specs

Very nice. I have been playing around with the idea of building one myself. Thanks for posts your specs. I have never did a build before and I was looking to do something similar to yours so it helps to have the specs

No problem. It took me a while to plan it out. I just did a ton of reading on AR15.com and finally figured out my plan.

Nice build, I think you will be really happy with the moe grip and that stock. You said this is your first build but you have an eotech on your other AR, did you buy the other one pre-built?

Nice build, I think you will be really happy with the moe grip and that stock. You said this is your first build but you have an eotech on your other AR, did you buy the other one pre-built?

I have a S&W M&P 15 that I bought. This is the first rifle I actually built from a stripped lower

Don't you dare drag me into your seedy little world of manifestos, Free Masons and FBI watch lists.

I say go for it. I bought my upper complete and putting the lower together was much, much easier than I thought it would be. Probably took me 45 minutes at most and required very few tools, just go slow and watch out for those take down pin springs. ;)

I have an eotech 512 that just collects dust. I bought it last year to put on a Colt 6920 and just never got around to using it. I've been thinking about selling it and getting an Aimpoint for a while now.

I have an eotech 512 that just collects dust. I bought it last year to put on a Colt 6920 and just never got around to using it. I've been thinking about selling it and getting an Aimpoint for a while now.

You suck at utilizing optics

You suck at utilizing optics

I shoot pistols 3 or 4 times a month, but I rarely get around to shooting rifles. At least this one was mounted before being locked away in the safe!

/troll on

Josh, your avatar isn't funny. I find it offensive, being a parent.

/troll off

That's not really trolling. Trolling is having an avatar as offensive as mine in the first place.

*tips hat*

/troll on

Josh, your avatar isn't funny. I find it offensive, being a parent.

/troll off

Let it go John, being here requires thick skin. I'm a parent and I like watching Josh's avatar spin, just gotta take my seizure meds before I do
laugh.gif

I thought i might bump your post with a little show of my little friend. She isn't new but i never pass a opt to show off my rig.

PICT2061.jpg

This is her mounted in my closet, rdy for action

PICT2062.jpg

PICT2065.jpg

PICT2064.jpg

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: