• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first OPUS X

I can't wait to light up my first. I've got about 20 now and my first batch is nearing the 1 year mark.

An Opus X Perfection #4 for breakfast? You're a brave man. I love this cigar, but as they say, different smokes for different folks.

I like Opus alright. They're not my favorite as they're a little strong nicotine-wise for me. With the Fuente premiums I prefer the Anejo now that I've actually had a couple of each.

Taste is always subjective. All shapes and sizes, Mike. All shapes and sizes...

:)

I personally prefer Anejos myself. As my nicotine tolerance increases, I am able to enjoy a wider range of flavors and euphoric experiences, having said that, Opus is a tasty stick, but for the price an Anejo, Padron 26/64, or Tatuaje just hits the spot.

A key thing to remember when it comes to Opus, especially if you have not had one before is:

FRESH ONES SUCK!! ;)

mmmmmmmm :)

slb_opusx_no2_closeup.jpg

A key thing to remember when it comes to Opus, especially if you have not had one before is:

FRESH ONES SUCK!! ;)

I don't care if its fresh or Aged....I will smoke any Opus anytime with any age on it. :love: But I do agree they taste better with age on them. :thumbs:

And Moki those look really yummy and guessing they are the OR ones.

I will agree with many here that the difference in a fresh opus and one with a year or more is night and day. I don't care for fresh OPUS that much, but I smoked an OPUS that I have had for a year, and it was amazing. Who knows how long the BOTL had it before me... From now on I will let any OPUS rest at least a year before I torch it! It was well worth the wait IMO!!

Brandon

I haven't been blown away by any of them myself, but the handfull I have smoked have been pretty fresh. I've got a #4 of undetermined age (I've had it for about 6 months) that's getting torched tomorrow. We'll see how that goes. :)

The sparklies sure do make it look that way...and the yellow cello....now there's an Opus I'd like to try...

I bought 3 more and I'm going to bury them at the bottom of the humi and forget about them for a long, long time.

When I first tried an Opus I didn't like it. Now, it's one of my favorite cigars. I always have a nice stash available for when I want a really nice full bodied smoke. Definitely try it again in 6 month or so. They're not for everyone, but give it another try down the road.

I like 'em fresh just fine.

Doc.
Yeah, me too. My first Opus was a Fuente Fuente that I had up in Cape Cod. The owner of the B&M had just opened the box up. And I loved it. I have some that turn 1 year old next month, and I'll be looking forward to seeing the difference.

Anyone want a real good laugh? I've yet to try one and don't have one in my possession.

Alright, pathetic, yep I know. I like what BBS said and I would gander he's probably right. The first time I drank a Guinness, many years before I came of age, I would have said "That was some terribly horrific thick shit." Today, there's not a day in the year I'm without a case of Guinnies in the house. Along with the Hefe Weissens and the Lions and the Boddingtons and the Murphys and the Samichlaus'. So many great beers.

So many great f'n cigars.

None of which do I enjoy smoking with a beer.

That is the greatest irony in my life.

So many great beers.

So many great f'n cigars.

None of which do I enjoy smoking with a beer.

That is the greatest irony in my life.

That's a shame. I love both as well, and find that there are some good pairings (I realize of course that taste is subjective). A couple weeks ago I had a Short Story with a glass of Boulevard Porter, and it was excellent! I like porter with cigars, I find the roastiness a nice complement, much like coffee (only better, cuz it's beer :D ). I never did get into the IPA and cigar combo, mostly because I dislike IPA's something fierce... One of my favorite non-beer cigar drinks is Appleton Estate 12 y.o. rum (straight) with a water back.

P.S. Sorry about the seeming hijack; to make up for it I submit the following: I just ordered my first 6 Opus sticks, and will remember not to even think about firing them up for 6 months. I will also resolve to try to hold myself off for an entire year, but can't make any promises :laugh:

I like em all. I have some that are old and they are tasty. However I will smoke any of em.

You know, maybe I will try one fresh, just to see... But only one! No matter how much I like it, I will only smoke one fresh! If I say I'm smoking another one, somebody come to Iowa and smack me. :laugh: