• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first review: Michter's Straight Rye

Gator

Don't know much about this whiskey, but my understanding is Michters closed in 1988?? Just picked up this bottle last month...

The nose is sweet smelling, detecting vanilla, honey, and chocolates. Not overpowering, very nice.

Taste is sweet at first, with some hints of charcoal, and some vanilla. Nice finish, never bitter, charcoal seems to get stronger, but not overwhelming.

I'd have to say this tastes similar to Gooderham & Worts, which is a small batch canadian. It's much closer to Canadian than Bourbon. I picked this bottle up for $26, they have a couple bottles left of Michters American Whisky, believe i'll pick one up, hope it is as good as this rye.

All the Michters you can buy except for the A.H. Hirsh 16 is not made at the old distillery. The name is licensed out.

Gator said:
Don't know much about this whiskey, but my understanding is Michters closed in 1988?? Just picked up this bottle last month...

The nose is sweet smelling, detecting vanilla, honey, and chocolates. Not overpowering, very nice.

Taste is sweet at first, with some hints of charcoal, and some vanilla. Nice finish, never bitter, charcoal seems to get stronger, but not overwhelming.

I'd have to say this tastes similar to Gooderham & Worts, which is a small batch canadian. It's much closer to Canadian than Bourbon. I picked this bottle up for $26, they have a couple bottles left of Michters American Whisky, believe i'll pick one up, hope it is as good as this rye.
[snapback]268825[/snapback]​

I suspected as much, where is it distilled?

As for the where, that is listed on the bottle. It is the WHO that is unknown ;)

Gator said:
I suspected as much, where is it distilled?
[snapback]268839[/snapback]​