• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My first single malt

other1

Cigarpassaholic. Mmm.. cigarpassahol.
Was out shopping today and decided to pick up some spirits. There is a liquor store I like to go to because they have a wide selection of sake (I'm a big sake fan). While picking up a bottle of Wakatake sake I stolled over to the single malt section. Well, after some debating I ended up with a bottle of Talkisker 10 year. I tried Talkisker recently and really liked it. What I tried was older, but anything but the 10 is out of my price range for now.

Oh, quick question for all the Scotch experts. Any special way I should store the bottle?

other1 said:
Oh, quick question for all the Scotch experts. Any special way I should store the bottle?
Nope. Just put it in the liquor cabinet with your other bottles. I'm not a big Talisker fan but it does seem to be a popular brand. If you get the chance try Lagavulin 16 :love:

No special storage is needed for Scotch. Keep it a reasonable temp and out of the sunlight and you'll be fine.

The 10 yo Talisker is the standard version but there some 20 yo cask strength and a 27 yo available.

Yeah, they had a few other Taliskers at the shop, but they ranged from like $200-$400. The 10yr actually wasn't out but I asked and the guy found one in the stash in back. When I tasted it the other day I really liked the smoky flavor. I can't explain why, maybe because I like to smoke cigars. :D I hope the 10 year is as good, haven't tried it yet.

If ya asked me to describe Talisker in a word, it would be Hot!
just a nice peppery spiciness to it

PaulMac

I'm drinking my first glass as I type. I think I used too much ice, I suspect I'm not getting the full flavor. That being said, it tastes very nice. Not as smoky as the older one I tried, but I actually think its smoother, and leaves me with a nice warm (but not burning) feeling after it goes down. For my first single malt I'd say I'm pleased.

Now.. what cigar to enjoy when I'm done? :)

other1 said:
I'm drinking my first glass as I type. I think I used too much ice, I suspect I'm not getting the full flavor. That being said, it tastes very nice. Not as smoky as the older one I tried, but I actually think its smoother, and leaves me with a nice warm (but not burning) feeling after it goes down. For my first single malt I'd say I'm pleased.

Now.. what cigar to enjoy when I'm done? :)
Monte #2 :)