• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Introduction into the Pipe world. . .

Bahianut

Animadvertistine, ubicumque stes, fumum recta in f
Well I've been looking for that perfect commute cigar and just have not been able to find enough variety (in my limited price range). I go to an annual "herf" with guys from my past job and most either smoke pipes or cigars. My friend that lives in Egypt brought back a Sheesa (sp?) pipe and WOW it was nice. I had bought a little pocket pipe about 9 years ago and only smoked it at the annual herf. This year it hit me that this would be the perfect commute smoke!!

I've had a small bowl each day. Right now I'm just into the local B&M mixes that so far have not been anything special. It is difficult learning on such a small pipe as it gets hot VERY easily and I've suffered the tongue bite on a couple occasions. Today I think I've found the blend that I really like, and stopped by the B&M and got the last "2" oz. (I say "2" as the gal behind the counter never measures and just looks at it. I usually get out of there with well over what "oz" she says it is. This time I told her it was over and more like 4 and she just looked at me like I was stupid and still charged me for 2 oz!) I politely thanked her and went on. She said the owner was not going to refill as they have really dropped in their pipe smokers over the last 2 years.

I just purchased a cheap Dr. Grabow freehand off ebay and it is in the mail as I type. I figure this will give me a larger pipe to get started in and I also just tonight ordered a cob pipe from "frenchy", cleaning supplies and another temper.

I'm looking forward to trying different blends and baccy. My best friends father that passed away while we were in high school use to smoke a pipe all day and night long. My friend is now picking it up after many years of politely smoking cigars with me. He never really liked it, even the good stuff so I'm glad he is starting to enjoy this and I'm looking forward to some time spent with him over a couple bowls.

Enough typing,

Andy

ps, I love this place for all the information. I hardly ever post but am around most of the time just reading. Some times it is better that daytime TV!!

edit: due to lack of sleep and forgeting a )

I hope you find many years of enjoyment in pipe smoking. Grabows can be very good smokers, so you should have a little more pleasure from that pipe than from the very small one. Cobs are also a grand idea. :thumbs:

Enjoy!

Thanks! You were the first personto bomb me when i joined! I'm hoping to clean up the Dr. Grabow and yuse it for english and keepthe small and cobs for the aromatic stuff.

I'm currently the high bidder on a mastercraft frome France so we will see if that works out. We could use a pipe newbie sampler started to get new folks the chance to see what is out there. Even just 1/2 oz packs and keep cost in the 20-30 range.

Andy

Edit cause I'm an idiot due to leaving the c out of France.

Thanks! You were the first personto bomb me when i joined! I'm hoping to clean up the Dr. Grabow and yuse it for english and keepthe small and cobs for the aromatic stuff.

I'm currently the high bidder on a mastercraft frome frane so we will see if that works out. We could use a pipe newbie sampler started to get new folks the chance to see what is out there. Even just 1/2 oz packs and keep cost in the 20-30 range.

Andy

I think a newbie pipe sampler is a great idea. We have a very limited selection of pipe tobacco down here so it would be good to try a few different types before I purchased full tins.