• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Introduction

ironbyron

Hello,
I'm Byron Oost from Owensboro, KY and I started back smokong pipes a couple of months ago. I've already managed to build a bit of a tobacco cellar. I still have a lot to learn but also feel like I may have somethings to add as well. Hopefully I'll makes some friends here.
Oh, if anyone's interested I am 49, male, twice divorced, manage a large(for our area) Liquor Store, love to fish, play and sing Bluegrass Music, and have been a musician since I was eleven.

later,
Byron

Hello byron welcome to the forum,Im just down the the road in Frankfort.If you dont mind me asking what tobacco's do you have and are smoking?

Hello Byron and welcome to Cigar Pass. I'm an inveterate cigar smoker but a pipe newbie like you. Folks are pretty kind around here so join on in and get to know us.

- Tim

Glad to meet you buddy, welcome aboard. Anyone with direct access to 4 Roses is more than welcome here. Kick back, light a bowl and enjoy the ride, it truly is a special place.

Hello from the Sandhills of South Carolina! Welcome to CP!

My tobacco list:
MB Stockton
MB Latakia Blend
FMOTB
Penzance
Peterson Irish Flake
SG FVF
SG 1972
SG Sqd Ldr
Dans Blue Note
GLP Cumberland
Carolina Rose
Prince Albert
Prince Albert Choice
Carter Hall
Five Brothers
Half & Half
Velvet
SiR Walter Raliegh
And one I can't remember the name of!

My Pipes:
Six Cobs
Jobey Billiard
Peterson Rock of Cashel 999
Peterson Killarney XL02
6 assorted Calabresi basket pipes
Curtis Preident

Later,
Byron

more importantly, any link to some of your bluegrass stuff we could here?

I love me some bluegrass, hah.

Welcome! I lived in Evansville, IN for a couple of years and took a few trips over to Owensboro to see a couple of shows.

I wouldn't mind hearing some of that bluegrass music myself. :)

Alright, that's enough Bluegrass talk! :laugh:

Welcome from Maryland! I used to live over in Ohio county (near Beaver Dam) back in the early eighties, and we used to cruise over to Owensboro quite often.

If you want to see and hear me play some Bluegrass go to "you-tube" and do a search for Frank Wakefield. Sort by date added. I am playing upright bass and singing in most of the videos with Frank and Kings Highway. Frank is a Bluegrass legend and the first person to really copy Bill Monroe's mandolin style. He's a bit zany and gets off in left field a bit. BUT, when he wants too he is awesome. In the videos we are playing at a fall festival in Rosine, and the other stage is the Jerusalem Ridge festival in Rosine which is at Bill Monroe's homeplace.