• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My last 2 smokes

Torb

I am fairly new to the whole cigar scene. Last week I visted Roberts Tobak here in Stockholm. I grabbed myself a Montecristo No 4 as I keep hearing that its a very popular choice and a great beginners smoke. I also asked the owner what he recomended as a nice cheap cigar and he handed me a Joya De Nic Antano. I could`nt wait to get home to spark up the montecristo. I must say I was rather dissapointed. It was a great looking cigar. The taste was extremely mild and bland. The next night I lit up the lumpy black Joya De Nic. I had no real expectations and Wow!! It tasted nice, spicy on the tounge and a rich deep taste. I think I will stick to the cheaper sticks for the time being! Maybe my taste is not so good? Or are Montecristo 4s over rated? Any suggestions for my next cigar?

Torb

Just realized that I probably should`nt of posted this on the reviews page! :whistling:

You're fine man, you shared your experiences with a couple of cigars. Thanks.

I've smoked a lot of Joya de Nicaragua. Still among the best bang for the buck smokes, imo.

I was fortunate enough to smoke pre-sandanista sticks, and they are amongst the best cigars I have ever smoked. :love:

Don't give up on the Montecristo No. 4s. They truly are a great smoke when on. There is inconsistency with these sticks because of the sheer number of them produced. When you get one that is spot on...you will understand...