• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My mom just broke her shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumberg

Opus Lover
She was up doing lecturing at an Elderhostel event.

These things happen at th emost inoportune times!

She's fine, just in a lot of pain. I'm calling back and telling whoever is in charge to give her some more pain meds cos hospitals are just so sucky at that.

Anyway I'll probably be driving up tomorrow.

Good thoughts, good thoughts.

Sorry to hear that. I'm glad she's going to be o.k.

Elders can be so hostel sometimes.

Hi, Lumberg! I am very sorry to learn that your mother has a broken shoulder. I hope that her shoulder is healed real soon. Regards, knightlaird

that really sucks, hope all goes well and a speedy recovery.

Well the first report was that she would need surgery, and the orthopedic surgeon (apparently there is like one in the whole area) was in surgery at the time and would have to see if he coudl see her and set something up in time to operate on her tonight, or if it would have to wait until tomorrow morning.

When he saw her Xrays he saw that her shoulder was not indeed dilocated and that the bone fragments were only a little bit out of place, so she probably won't even need surgery at all! They're even sending her back to the hotel tonight!

Pretty amazing based on the original prognosis.

I found a one-way ticket to Erie, PA for $158 and a guy to take me to Chautauqua for $100, so I'm all set.

I'd like to think y'alls best wishes played a part!

Apparently it's beautiful country up there....guess I'll get a glimpse of it.

Thanks again for the support. And smoke some cigars for me tonight and tomorrow, since I won't be able to do any herfing!

JC

Glad to hear she is better than expected. You should tell her to stop chasing the young guys and learn to set traps.... :laugh: It would probably been cheaper to fly into Buffalo but further to drive after you landed. I'm sure you should be able to rent a car in Erie instead of hiring a driver ???

AVB said:
Glad to hear she is better than expected. You should tell her to stop chasing the young guys and learn to set traps.... :laugh: It would probably been cheaper to fly into Buffalo but further to drive after you landed. I'm sure you should be able to rent a car in Erie instead of hiring a driver ???
[snapback]237913[/snapback]​

Actually prices to Erie were better than those to Buffalo.

I was very pleasantly surprised that on about 12 hours notice I was able to get a ticket for less than $160, booking fee included.

Renting a car is not an option because she drove up there, and can't drive now because of her shoulder.

So the idea is to get to Chautauqua as efficiently as possible, and then drive her car back.

I have a looooooooong day ahead of me tomorrow...thus the comment about firing up some stogies for me.

I'll be up around 4:30 am and hope to get my back to her house by about 8 pm.

Sorry for your mom.... :(

Maybe you'll be banned by the time you return.... :laugh:

Truely bad form :angry2:

Leebo8-9-8 said:

[snapback]237935[/snapback]​

Not at all, besides...who asked you old man?

He gets no pass from me, especially after disrespecting Rod.

So go drink your scotch and leave this stuff to the pros

Nobody asked me but then the same is true for you. Be sure to tell a pro when you find one.

Leebo8-9-8 said:
Not at all, besides...who asked you old man?

He gets no pass from me, especially after disrespecting Rod.

So go drink your scotch and leave this stuff to the pros
[snapback]237938[/snapback]​

Hi, Lumberg! Thank you for giving us the updates. I just wanted to follow-up with this posting. I am glad to learn that your mother's shoulder is doing much better than originally expected. I wish you the best for your trip. Regards, knightlaird

AVB....you don't have a clue....pickled brain syndrome perhaps???

AVB said:
Truely bad form :angry2:

Leebo8-9-8 said:

[snapback]237935[/snapback]​
[snapback]237937[/snapback]​

'Bad form' is a publicized sympathy ploy when your ass is in the ringer; quite Purobratesque .

While I hope for a speedy recovery for his mum, Lumpy has to tend to the unfinished business with Rod.

Status
Not open for further replies.