• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My month of Cubans only

lol. If I have any sticks that Moki wouldn't consider 'unshredded mulch', I'd send em

Inthacup said:
Do you guys play solely Hold 'em? If so, how many people usually play? What's the blind structure? Limit? No Limit?
It's a friendly game. $2-4 limit -- usually 10 people at the table. My address is in my profile for the penalty Cubans. :)

Limit holdem is my specialty. Would you rather have penalty cubans or poker lessons?

Inthacup said:
Limit holdem is my specialty. Would you rather have penalty cubans or poker lessons?
He is in desperate need of the poker lessons :sign:

I broke down and smoked an Opus xXx Double Corona earlier.

Hey, if Moki's gonna smoke Havanas only all month, I at least gotta give the Opus' a second chance :D

coventrycat86 said:
Hey, if Moki's gonna smoke Havanas only all month, I at least gotta give the Opus' a second chance :D
:thumbs: :thumbs:

coventrycat86 said:
Excellent job with the reviews so far Andrew :thumbs: :thumbs:

For me, I find that your review of the cigars I'm familiar with is remarkably close to my experiences with those as well and for many of the one's I've never smoked, your write-ups are pretty close to what I would have guessed they'd be.
High praise indeed -- thank you, CC! :)

Por Larranaga Lonsdale 1999 -- I was given this cigar while out in California a few months ago, and I finally got around to smoking it. Unfortunately, it was a bit worse for the wear. I'd clipped it while out in California, intending to smoke it, but I never did -- and the wrapper peeled a bit after traveling in clipped state. Unfortunately also, this was a tight draw. I'll blame this on the travels the cigar had to endure. The really unfortunate part is that the taste was wonderful; a nice carmel-ish sweetness. I just wish I didn't have to pitch it halfway through due to draw issues. I'm going to look into picking up some more of these, because the taste was extremely promising.

wow that sucks moki...i have 2 more left, and im gonna put one in my pass so that leaves one...for me :D

anyone know who has these?

barney

I had to skip poker on Wednesday for a going away dinner for some friends of mine, so no cigars then, but I was back at it on Friday, eagerly looking to have some good smokes and avenge my $15 loss the previous Friday. First up...

Custom-rolled Davidoff Blend Lancero early 1980's -- I was gifted this cigar by a great BOTL. It's a nicely rolled lancero with a pigtail, and Colorado wrapper, that is reputedly the same tobacco blend used by Davidoff. Interestingly, it didn't taste much like any of the aged Cuban Davidoffs, and it even had odd hints of young tobacco, that slight bitterness. As it smoked on, this was rounded out by much more mature flavors -- definitely a treat of a cigar.

Trinidad Reyes 2003 -- I'm not positive of the year of this cigar, as it was gifted to me at some point over the last 6 months, but 2003 seems about right. It's a cute tres little petit corona with a pigtail that started off with some great flavors. It definitely tasted a bit young, and had a bit of a tight draw that may have toned down the flavors coming from the cigar. Definitely was a nice smoke though, I'd like to have some with a bit more age on 'em.

Cohiba Siglo VI 2003 -- I decided to give the Siglo VI another shot. This one is from a different box than the other rather disappointing ones I've had. I must say, I was much more impressed with this cigar; perhaps the box I have is a bad box, or perhaps it's just inconsistency. Who knows, but this was much fuller in flavor, and a very enjoyable cigar. Nice grassy sweet Cohiba flavor, with excellent leathery flavors, and a very enjoyable aftertaste. Nubbed it.

I smoked these cigar slower than I normally do, because I was a bit busier with poker that night. I ended up winning $136, which wasn't too shabby at all. Until Wednesday! :)

Scott1966 said:
One more day of Cubans eh Moki?
This coming Wednesday will probably be my last day of it, because I'm heading down to the DR.