• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My new humi

Dr. Marneaus

I drive a station wagon
Well, I had been using this humidor for a few years, and I was happy with it. Never had it more than half full (20-25 sticks).

IMG_0965.jpg

This year at christmas, we had finished opening everything and were pretty much done, when Pa handed me a big ole box, and I had no idea what it was. I always ask for things I need, since times are a lil tougher this was especially true this year, but this box didn't fit anything I had put on my list, not to mention I had already gotten a new jacket (the big gift).

Well, I opened it and what do ya know, Pa picked out a gorgeous humidor for me, and told me that "I knew it's something you'd really like, would use, and wouldn't buy for yourself, at least right now." Not to mention, there was a sampler inside it! He paid attention, looking over my shoulder, while I was flipping through a Thompson catalog saying stuff like "oh this looks good" or "that's a nice sampler" to my girlfriend. What a sneaky guy! Either way I was dumbfounded, and this humi will be special to me now.

75 count! I ordered a bunch more beads, some boveda seasoning packets, and got her going. I've since converted the sponge humidifiers to contain beads, and have about 30 more cigars on order to get something substantial inside of it!
IMG_1547.jpg

Like I said, don't make fun! I've got a few sticks on the way...I had let my collection dwindle to near nothing!!
IMG_1548.jpg

And its got a nice little drawer on the bottom for my lighters and whatnot.
IMG_1549.jpg

Nice new Humidor! I love that style desk top. We need to do a case study on how the hell you've been a member so long and only had one humidor. That's just doesn't seem right! :laugh:

Nice new Humidor! I love that style desk top. We need to do a case study on how the hell you've been a member so long and only had one humidor. That's just doesn't seem right! :laugh:

Very nice Humi, now comes the fun part.... FILLING IT!!!!

Andrew you must have unbelievable self control, one humidor. Wow!

Now comes the painful part........................filling it up.

PJ

I know what you both mean! I never have had more than a few cigars on hand, normally never have the cash, haha. Hopefully my new stuff will arrive this week and I'll have some goods in there to show off underneath the tray, ha.

Wow nice, I See you like it moist almost 83 if my eyes don't deceive me..

Your eyes don't deceive you, but that non-calibrated analog hygrometer sure does.

If you can see, the little digital hygro is at 64, which is a result of the lid being open for a few moments, its normally right at 65. :)

Very nice humi you got from your Pa! I actually like the look of your original smaller one with the hexagon shape too. Keep both and hand it down to your kids one day when you're their "Pa".
thumbs-up.gif

Congrats on that nice looking humi. When I bought my first humi, I was on cloud nine. Hope you enjoy it and the many more to come! :0

Finally looks like a humidor should!

Been buying various 5ers lately, and also picked up a box of CL3's (great everyday smoke if you ask me!)
IMG_2057.jpg

IMG_2058.jpg

This is probably the most cigars I've ever had at once....well, except for this event for those of you that remember way back when...

IMG_8336.jpg

We need to do a case study on how the hell you've been a member so long and only had one humidor. That's just doesn't seem right! :laugh:

Now dats some funny chit right dere! :laugh: Looking through a Thompson's catalog? Dude...where you at?? :D Sorry, couldn't help myself. That's an absolutely beautiful desktop! Very very nice indeed! Congrats on getting it and kudos to Pa for sure!

That is awesome man, I'm glad to hear that. And it sounds like your loving it, its great to see someone enjoy a gift... And thanks for the suggestion for the CL3's, I am going to check them out...

I found this: http://www.cubancrafters.com/products.php/item_id/267

The interior on yours looks a tad different, though. Did you replace the hygrometer?

Back