• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My next two cigars samples...

Tillers

So, onto a couple more, Bolivar and Opus X. Those are a couple names I see floating around here quite a bit, so I splurged at the LCS and picked one of each up! Now which one to smoke first..... :whistling: Edit, I guess this didn't need a separate thread, as I just saw the "latest purchase" thread....oops.
cigars.jpg

The Bolivar's you hear about around here are normally ISOMs. Unless your B&M is engaging in illegal activity you didn't get the same kind you usually read about. Doesn't mean that it wont be an enjoyable smoke, however. Smoke what you like and like what you smoke.

edit- odd wording.

I must say, the Opus X was kind of disappointing... :(

For what it cost I could have bought two Padrons...

Though, I did not know this and now I do :)

Glad you hated the Opus. Now quit wasting your money on them, and leave them to those of us who really enjoy and appreciate them.

Glad you hated the Opus. Now quit wasting your money on them, and leave them to those of us who really enjoy and appreciate them.

Oh, don't you worry, I'll hold off on buying any more for a while. ;)

I had the Fuente squared, so maybe I'll give one of the other varietals a try, some day..

I had the Fuerte squared, so maybe I'll give one of the other varietals a try, some day..

Ok so maybe I am a little out of date on the Opus X line but what the heck is the "Fuerte squared"

I had the Fuerte squared, so maybe I'll give one of the other varietals a try, some day..

Ok so maybe I am a little out of date on the Opus X line but what the heck is the "Fuerte squared"

Probably means the Fuente Fuente... the 5 5/8x46.... Fuente, not Fuerte.

Fuente Fuente is what I meant. I misspelled and the "squared" is just a play on words...get it? :thumbs:

The Boli's band looks fishy... NC I presume?

Not sure where it came from... ??? How can I tell if it doesn't state so on the band? I didn't see what the box said

Well usually (someone correct me if I'm wrong) unless it says Habana on the label its NC. Even more so, if you bought an authentic Boli in the US your B&M is engaging in some fishy business practices since ISOMs are in fact illegal in the states.

Do a bit of reading in the various forums and you'll learn all sorts of stuff about how to tell which cigars you have!

As a newbie, it's your duty to try as many different cigars as
possible, until you find your favs. It takes time.

In general you get what you pay for, even in cigars. But there
is a point of diminishing return, IMHO.

Ideally you'll find a $2 cigar that tastes great to you. That's
everyone's goal here. It's hard to find one, though.

GL with your new hobby.

Chemyst :cool:

Don't come up in here misspelling Fuente! They might have you shot! I highly recommend you stay away from the Opus, your wallet will thank you and none of these old guys will have to kill you.

I think you will be really impressed with those, there is nothing quite as unique and erection inducing as a Dominican HU. I prefer these kept at 45% humidity to ensure a good burn.

I think you will be really impressed with those, there is nothing quite as unique and erection inducing as a Dominican HU. I prefer these kept at 45% humidity to ensure a good burn.

Why are you giving out all the good info?

What A nice coworker.

Are they on Cigarpass?
If not, could be a nice gift in return.