• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My night, in a nutshell

Dr. Marneaus

I drive a station wagon
Had a crazy weekend/week so far at school, doing some pretty crazy stuff in my studio this semester. So, here's my night in a nutshell...

Bought a 5er of Those Rare Corojo's last April, right when they were beginning to become scarce for the year, and have been sitting on 2 of em for 12 months. I loved them when they were fresh, so lets see how it smokes now, I haven't had one in about 8 months...

It's about 70 degrees out on the porch so I'll be kickin back with the laptop. I'll let you know my findings.

:thumbs:
IMG_0964.jpg

So what happened to this? :sign:

It was late, i got sleepy during the movie, then I went to work, haha.

So, anyway...

As I mentioned before I'm quite fond of the rare corojo's by punch. This one was actually a bit different than the fresh ones, as expected.

The overall difference I noticed was a much higher wood (cedar?) flavoring. I've never had any real experience with aged cigars (save a few ISOM's I've been gifted) so I wasnt sure what to expect. I'm guessing the intensified cedar flavor came from...sitting in a humidor for a year?

The rest of the cigar was a bit smoother, and a bit more flavorful. Interestingly enough, the first half was by far my favorite. The cigar never got hot or burn wrong after the half way point or anything, but it seemed to get a bit stronger.

This is my first and only real experience with aging anything so far...although I do have an Anejo I've been sitting on for almost the same period of time.

So, in summation, there was a definite difference in the taste from a fresh stick. I only wish I had purchased more than 5 of these guys, as I've heard they keep getting better.

Happy smoking! (and aging)