• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My review of an Opus X Fuente Moki sent me

rnccen

I don't have a title
First of I want to thank Moki for sending me 2 Opus X's, a Hemingway Work of Art Maduro, and a Padrón 1964 Anniversary Piramide Maduro. It was unexpected and a very nice gesture from Moki for which I am humbled.

I picked up the Sunday Tampa Tribune, got a cup of coffee, picked the Opus X Fuente Fuente to smoke while under the lanai. The construction was good, firm, consistent, no imperfections noted in the wrapper. I snipped the end and used the double flame torch lighter to light this one (the next one I will use a match). I took that 1st draw, it might be considered harsh by some but it mellowed out quickly.

I did not pickup any hints of black pepper, cedar, leather, etc...not sure if it was because it was first thing in the morning or the coffee may have played a part. Nice burn to the end, I did pick up a little amonia towards the end, though I was able to remove the label once the glue loosened. I took this one down to the last 1" from the cap, as I am not sure if and when I'll ever get another Opus X (aside form the 2nd one Moki sent).

Overall, I would give it a good review...I can't compare it to an Isom becuase my experience with Isom's is also limited...I have only had an Sancho Panza Belicosis that I picked up from Cigarus in a sampler pack.

I am going to save the 2nd Opus for another weekend...next will be the Hemingway work of art.

Rnccen

That's moki for ya. Quite the generous guy... when he isn't trying to peddle off his El Creditos. :D

rrncen... there's a forum for cigar reviews. Try posting them here.

Opus are good cigar, if they're your cup of tea. The Work of Art is a great cigar.

I realized that after I posted it ... But I can't move the post ... again day late & dollar short...:)