• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My Smoking History

ckreef

I'm 58 years old. I smoked my first cigarette when I was 8 years old with my older sister's. I started really smoking when I was 15 years old. I've smoke a pack or more of cigarettes everyday since then. Cigars on occasion throughout that time. Not to mention other crap I put in my lungs when I was younger.

This past fall I got a touch of pneumonia in my right lung. I ended up in the hospital where they had to drain fluid sitting on my right lung. They put me on the patch. A few days later when I got released from the hospital there was no way my lung would handle smoke going into it so I kept going with the patch system. About 8 weeks later I was done smoking.

The problem was my wife still smoked. We never smoked in the house so she would sit on the porch at night and smoke cigarettes. There was no way I could sit out there and watch her smoke. What could I do?

Cigars was the answer! See I don't really care about the tar and nicotine. What I didn't want was smoke in my lungs. There is a really nice B&M cigar lounge with a large walk in humidor not too far from where I live. I bought a bunch of cigars and the rest is history so they say.

Thanks for listening. Anyone trying to kick the cigarette habit - totally possible your brain just needs to want it.

I got a nice DIY humidor thread I'll post in the next few days or so.

Charles