• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My son picked out a cigar for me today...

TampaSupremo

Hellbent for Glory-land
My wife went to Puff 'n Stuff today to find a Christmas present for me. She had our 2-year old son with her and he wanted to go in the walk-in, so she went in with him so he could pick out a cigar for daddy. He picked out a Don Tomas Clasico Allegro (probably because it was in a bright yellow tube near the floor). Of course when I heard about it, I was touched. He and I will sometimes sit together at the table with my humi and I'll show him my cigars and let him smell them (which always ends with him saying "ahhh" with a pleased look on his face). Of course, when I got home from work I let him smell the Don Tomas (which actually smells pretty good) and I promised him I would let him check it out again before I smoked it. Looking forward to smoking with him someday.

Now if I could just get him to reach for the Anejos instead...

TampaSupremo

You are a lucky man, getting your presant so early and all :laugh:
I think I will send my son and wife out tommorow :)

All you have to do is wait until he's a little taller and teach him that flashy colors are not always the best. Great kid though, I know I can't wait till I can sit down with my son to enjoy a good smoke together.

Thats awesome man. I can't wait either till I get to smoke with my son :whistling: . That will be many years away though since he's only 16 months. But that will be an awesome day.

I have to admit that would be a great experience. Hopefully my wife and I will be able to experience those pleasures someday.

With everyone talking about smokes with their son I felt motivated to tell my first experience with my dad. Last year in March my dad and a friend were on the porch smoking my dads favorite cigar an Acid Kuba Kuba (he has a sweet tooth) since I had been smoking cigars for a year already I went outside to catch a whiff of the aroma. With my dad not knowing I smoked occasionally he asked me if i wanted one. What did i say? Hell yes haha he couldnt believe it he was proud he went to the humidor which I bought him for fathers day (just as much as a gift for me as it was for him) and grabbed another Kuba. We sat and bonded the closest we ever had before and he was proud when I told him I had been smoking for about a year. Ever since its been a great source to bond with my dad im 18 so on my birthday while in the keys I filled up our humidor i smoke a cigar about one or every two weeks. I love to learn about them and teach others as well, its also a great source to just chill out and hang with my buddys or just relax by yourself and think over what needs to be thought. Please dont boot me from the site because im 18 this place is great and being 18 in missouri it is legal. Thanks for such a great website and such an awesome community.

-drew-

With everyone talking about smokes with their son I felt motivated to tell my first experience with my dad. Last year in March my dad and a friend were on the porch smoking my dads favorite cigar an Acid Kuba Kuba (he has a sweet tooth) since I had been smoking cigars for a year already I went outside to catch a whiff of the aroma. With my dad not knowing I smoked occasionally he asked me if i wanted one. What did i say? Hell yes haha he couldnt believe it he was proud he went to the humidor which I bought him for fathers day (just as much as a gift for me as it was for him) and grabbed another Kuba. We sat and bonded the closest we ever had before and he was proud when I told him I had been smoking for about a year. Ever since its been a great source to bond with my dad im 18 so on my birthday while in the keys I filled up our humidor i smoke a cigar about one or every two weeks. I love to learn about them and teach others as well, its also a great source to just chill out and hang with my buddys or just relax by yourself and think over what needs to be thought. Please dont boot me from the site because im 18 this place is great and being 18 in missouri it is legal. Thanks for such a great website and such an awesome community.

-drew-

Drew, Great story man.

No one is going to boot you! 21 year old smoker here myself. Been smoking since I was 18 and I've been down the slippery slope for..well 3 years. lol. I started out with 1 humi, now I have 2, 2 coolers, and a tupperdor. It's insane I tell you. My dad HATES cigars, so count yourself lucky. Ditch the kubas though and start smoking good stuff ;). (J/K, smoke what you like)

-Aaron

PS: glad to have you here.

That's really cool. If my wife and I ever have children, and we have a son, I hope she does something like that for me.

My son, 5 years old, likes to pick the cigar for the night out of my humidor. He also sits outside with me while I'm smoking if it isn't too cold. This has led to a Padilla 1932 while playing pick up sticks or watching James and the Giant Peach. Anytime we can combine family time with a smoke is a blessing to me.

-drew-

Drew, Great story man.

No one is going to boot you! 21 year old smoker here myself. Been smoking since I was 18 and I've been down the slippery slope for..well 3 years. lol. I started out with 1 humi, now I have 2, 2 coolers, and a tupperdor. It's insane I tell you. My dad HATES cigars, so count yourself lucky. Ditch the kubas though and start smoking good stuff ;). (J/K, smoke what you like)

-Aaron

PS: glad to have you here.

Haha trust me first thing I did when I turned 18 was bought everything but Acids they tend to flavor the humi, my dad cant seem to get off them he smokes others but thats still his favorite, recently I smoked a CAO Gold Maduro I lovedddd it i got him one for christmas along with a few other sticks hopefully he will broaden his horizons lol.

Nice story.

My oldest son and I (he's 24) share a good stick quite often. He's a proud member of the USMC so each time he's home we grab a couple of sticks and catch up.

Now my youngest, he's a fanatic. He's 11 (we lost three (3) in between them) and he accompanies me to the B&M and he and I had a great experience with Jorge Padron. Jorge was fascinated at his knowledge of cigars and the like. He reads everything he can get his hands on and has planted seeds as well as he's done a couple of science projects on the leaf.

I coach his football team so he and I also spend time watching film and learning of cigars together. Needless to say, great bonding.

I encourage each of you to share your passions with your children and thank God for them daily for indeed they are His gifts to us.