• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My trip to Boswell's

Mr_Wolf

He's watching.............
The wife, boy and I went up to BrewMeister Mountain this weekend, and Tim was kind enough to haul my ass over to Boswell's where I got to meet and chat with J.M. and Dan.
Both are great and knowledgeable guys. I had a great time hanging out and smoking a stick and one of my three new pipes. :whistling:

He had quite a few on display, then Dan brought out 3 more boxes out, plus a box of not-quite-finished pipes.

The first and my favorite so far. Small churchwarden. J.M. said it was about a 15 -20 min smoke.

DSC_0367.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

This guy below was almost done except for the inside of the bowl. It is really light, and I can hold it in my mouth hands-free with no problem. He finished it for me while I waited!

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0365.jpg

I had another Shot Shell pipe in my hands 3 different times, and sat it down to finish my cigar. Well I'll be damned if a guy didn't come in and buy it! So I asked Dan if the could do another one for me, maybe in January. He said sure. 15 mins later he walks out with one he found in the back that had been shaped, but that's all. It ended up having a little bigger bowl than the other one. Dan went ahead and asked me what finish I wanted and I was thinking he'd take my name and call me when it was ready. An hour later, he brought the finished pipe out to me!!

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

A big thanks to Tim for a fun time, and for taking me over there! :thumbs:

Sounds wonderful!

I'm expecting delivery of my third Boswell this week. I really love the work he does and the pipes are just very good smokers.

I'm envious that you got to the shop. I hope I get the opportunity to do so one of these days.

That Shot Shell is a beaut.

:thumbs:

Wow! Those are all wonderful pipes!

I really like the small churchwarden.
I may have to see about getting something like that from JM...

So Dan how are they smoking? Does the really light-weight one burn hotter than a normal weighted bowl? Just curious.

Well, I originally planned on just giving J.M. my 10 gauge shotgun shells to make me a pipe, but then I got caught up in Mr. Wolf's buying frenzy and some how left Boswell's with this medium bowl beauty:

med_gallery_2054_37_24475.jpg

I've tried a couple bowls with it, and I definitely need to smoke it a bit slower than my other Boswell. It will get too warm otherwise.

That Small Churchwarden is one nice little pipe ..... any idea on the price? I may interested in getting one if possible.

:cool:

That Small Churchwarden is one nice little pipe ..... any idea on the price? I may interested in getting one if possible.

David, it was $69 + tax since I was there.

I smoked it last night by the fire with some Boswell's Premium Burley. Good stuff!!

And where are your pics? Hmmmmm? :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ...... I'll have to post my pics soon, but I'm still trying to perfect this whole pipe smoking thing, I really did enjoy my last bowl.

I'll have to contact Dan and see if they can make me one similar to it.

Edit: My first Boswell is very very similar to this one.

Boswell%20Rusticated%20Pipes%20(38).jpg

I'm in love with that small churchwarden and the second one you have in the post.

Man, I can't keep buying myself stuff, Christmas is almost here, there are gifts to buy!

Any chance anyone is headed to Boswell sometime soon? I'm interested in one of those Churchwarden pipes but don't want to buy without seeing it first. Here are a couple of images of what I'm looking for.

Possibly something similar to on of these, especially the middle one -

Boswell%20Churchwarden%20(15).jpg

or similar to that small Churchwarden .....

Thanks for any help

Any chance anyone is headed to Boswell sometime soon? I'm interested in one of those Churchwarden pipes but don't want to buy without seeing it first. Here are a couple of images of what I'm looking for.

Possibly something similar to on of these, especially the middle one -

Boswell%20Churchwarden%20(15).jpg

or similar to that small Churchwarden .....

Thanks for any help

That top churchwarden is just what I'm looking for with my next purchase, but it will have to wait until after the holidays.

I'm loving all the Pipers coming out here at CP!

Great looking pipes Dan & Brew. Is Boswell reasonable in the price department?

I guess reasonable is relative as it could mean $50 to $800 for some people :)

Yes, very reasonable in my opinion.

Most of his pipes sell for well less than $100. Some are a little more, but I've never seen anything on the site over $100. The exceptions are the Grizzly pipes and the Jumbo pipes. The Grizzlies are in the hundreds of dollars range, and most of the Jumbos I've seen on the site are about $150. I actually saw a Grizzly up close and personal this weekend. They're freaking HUGE!

Boswell's prices are VERY reasonable considering the high quality of his work and the design of the pipes. Obviously they aren't hand carved with a knife and some chisels, but they are every bit as well built and designed as any mass produced pipe (think Peterson, Stanwell, etc.).

Received my first Boswell as a gift and am looking forward to firing it up when I get some time.