• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My two new pipes: A Nording and a Boswell Classic!

souldog

OG Post-Whorer since 2008 bitches...
I've been getting more heavily into pipes these days as the days are shorter, the nights are colder, and smoking indoors is more frequent. Thankfully my woman lets me smoke indoors, but I like the smell of pipe tobacco over stale cigar smoke lingering for days on end. A couple weeks ago, she went out and bought me a Nording pipe I've had my eye on at my local B&M. I've been smoking out of a cheap Italian "wall pipe" for the past year, but broke the bit between the stem and the bowl while on a camping trip with CRQuarto. Here is the pipe below (after about a dozen bowls, the wood begins to change color):

nordingclean_2.jpg

nordingclean_1.jpg

With my new-found zeal, I decided to call up the Boswells for some Christmas Cheer. After trying to get through for a half hour, I finally spoke to Dan and he hooked me up with about $25 dollars worth of Christmas Cheer and Boswell's Best. While talking to him on the phone (a very nice fellow), I remarked that Boswell pipes were very hard to buy because they sell so fast. He told me that he always has their pipes from the "Classics" page on hand, and told me to look them over and pick which one I liked. So, I picked this little beauty that just came in today. It's smaller than I wanted (I like big deep bowls), but for a "standard" Boswell pipe it's a beauty:

rusticatedboswell_1.jpg

rusticatedboswell_2.jpg

rusticatedboswell_3.jpg

So, there you have it. My favorite is the Nording because I love the contrast and the raw look of it. Just thought I'd share. :thumbs:

Very nice! I really like those natural Nordings. The color change as you smoke it makes them very personal. Boswells always smoke great in my experience (I have 10 of them). Their bigger bowls come with quite a large (and heavy) pipe in my experience.

If you want a bigger bowl with a pipe that's not going to be too heavy, some of the larger sized Savinelli pipes are pretty light for the size of the bowl, especially the Autographs(though the Autographs can be spendy). Nordings are also very good in this regard.

I'd also recommend some of the larger Peterson system pipes, but Doc would probably flick a booger at me. :laugh:

Thanks for the insight Alan. Ill check those guys out. I really want a high end Boswell, so im going to check it out tomorrow when they put the new pipes up.

Doc would never flick a booger - would he? :D

Nice pipes! :thumbs:

I like big bowls because I like the way they smoke. They stay cool longer.

I still haven't bought my ideal pipe yet, though. Which means I know what I want, which is half the battle.

Nice looking pipes. I'm always looking at the Boswell site and wishing as well.

I feel you should be commanding a war vessel against the French with that first pipe...

The cannons are ready sir! Tell me when to fire!

Thanks for the insight Alan. Ill check those guys out. I really want a high end Boswell, so im going to check it out tomorrow when they put the new pipes up.

When Boswell posts new pipes...you better be sitting there clicking refresh and have their number in speed dial. I called for 45 min straight non-stop in order to get my pipe. You can expect most to be gone extremely quickly.

I was able to meet Erik Nording and have him sign my classic in person at the RTDA in '09. Cool guy...great product.

My $300 Savinelli Punto Oro 616KS Corallo is my prized pipe though. Linky

Great looking pipes brother.
I agree with BigJake. Gotta be quick on those pipes. Only managed to get a couple myself.