• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

My weekend experiment..

hbooker

Cigar DJ
Well my favorite retailer and I where tlaking on the phone a few days back and he tells me about his new biggest selling product. He says its outselling everything in his inventory.

I ask him is it selling to any of the online board regulars?
(any board)  He answers nope not a one. These are all just new customers.
After hearing the numbers Im surprised but interested.

So he said you ever try this brand?

I say hell no, and give it a thought.

I tell him what the hell I will commit to reviewing them.

Friday I get a package.
I open it - my order is there and some bonuses (said he was my favorite retialor.)
At the bottom is a pack of 5 smokes.

ACIDs (Naturals)

Green Hero
Jucy Lucy
ROOT
and Clean Robusto. ( thier non scented version)

NO don't panic nor freak out and make the yucky noises and the petewie sounds just yet...

I opened the pack and noticed no out of the ordinary scents.
(nothing quite hazardous)
As I checked out the green hero Im noticed the unfinished look on the foot, kinda resembling a farm stick.

Ok so I give it a good sniff.
Kinda flat but there is a ?? smell.
I sniff the open foot and there it is. It's a pipe tobacoo smell.
Hmmm?

Not many of you know I have a few pipes, so I have an advantage here.

Im smelling this and say hmm not too bad ( on a pipe tobacco scale) So I light her up. Hmmm Not bad.
The flavor reminded me of one of those store bought black and mild smokes like a mix between a good pipe and a macanudo.
I smoked the thing and was not put off nor sickened by the flavor. Mello, quite interesting.
I finished the whole thing before I knew it. No spectacular finish just a decent pipe smoke from a cigar.

On a Cigar rating she did allright, well above many dog rockets. But not one to add to the purchase list.

Oh yeah the wife and Kids liked the smell of the Hero,
It actually had them talking about it. ( I didn't ask they spoke right up)

I believe they have a line that is not scented or perfumed or whatever it is they do to 'em. LMAO I've read a few favorable reviews. Let us know how they smoke.

So,
Next on my agenda was trying another one.
I was not discoraged after the Green Hero.

I grab a little tiny one The Jucy Lucy
Kinda looked like a a weird toss back to a doobie from a new roller. (well it did!) This one was apparent by it's smell.

I clip the end and sniff it, man kinda strong scent for a little bugger - again pipe tobacco but its like way stronger.

I fire it up and notice the super sweetness - man did drew use redman and pipe tobacco together? seemed like it.
Well this on hade the teenageers salvating, they where attracted to is like a moth to a flame. ( ok I get the selling points now) Aiming at younger smokers specifically.
I ended up dropping it after about half of it.
Bleck patewie (told ya!)

Now on my not again list
Jucy Lucy.

OK a few hours later lets try someting else.

The ROOT
It was a bit lager than the Green hero about a robusto size
I took it out to the patio to my kids pool party.
Comments of bystanders,
Man I cant stand cigar smell but that one is neat. It smells like a good pipe.

Not much difference between the Root and the Green Hero with 1 exception. The root had more real tobacco in it than pipe tobacco.

My review and recomendation.
If you every thought about trying a pipe, try one of these first. It may save you some money. If you like the Green Hero go and buy a decent pipe, and some good blends of mild to medium pipe mix.

If you dont desire to try a pipe.
Stay away from this line.

OK,
It's Clean Robusto time..
Im such a trooper huh?

I look at this one and first thing I notice is the maduro wrapper. Great construction - farm ends.
I inspect it and it doesn't smell pipey - what a surprise ad I was ready for a another pipe!

It smells buttery (exactly what it smells like actally)
Hmm? Curious..

I light it up.
Kind of Creemy and sweet together yet that maduro wrapper keeps it in check.
I still detect the slight hint that it was married to the others but not a purfumy overall smoke.
I dare compair the smoothness to that of a AVO

From thier site:
Nicaraguan viso leaf draws out the natural sweetness of the Syrian and Egyptian fillers. Clean will undoubtedly excite both the olfactory and glossopharyngeal nerves. (Translation: Smell this and drool.) 5 x 50

Well here it is:
If there was only one company making cigars today adn all we had was these I would still smoke cigars, albeit I would stick to the clean robusto.

A serious change of pace from the regular day to day and I will honestly advise everyone to at least try one clean robusto.
Im even considering adding this smoke to my next order.

For relitive basis, I had a Diamond crown between the Naturals I tried and this last one the clean robusto.

So on the Hbooker scale Im seriously surprised to say that the Clean Robusto is not a total Dog Rocket.
This earns a cigar score of 80.

If you like mild starters that are creamy and sweet then build up to a decent finish try this one.

My experimental weekend is now done.

Great reviews HB! I have been considering the line. Thankfully though I put the Jucy Lucy back on my last trip to the tobaconist. I will definite try the Green Hero seeing how I do enjoy a good pipe! The Clean Robusto sounds interesting as well.

Thanks for the reviews :thumbs:

Forgot to mention that I have smoked Naturals White Rabbit ( think that is what it was I have the wrapper in my journal) I enjoyed the stick. Smoked pretty well producing a lot of smoke with a great nose! THe flavor was intense yet not overpowring and still quite enjoyable. I would not put this in my humi as a regular smoke but would keep one or two for ocassional enjoyment.

:lookup: P.S. It did manage to keep the masquitos away! :p

Excellent reviews my friend. Yout got me wondering now.....

Dave :lookup:

As always, nice reviews Mike....what a sport!!! :thumbs: :)

Nice review, Mike! I have seen these and wondered........how funny they look in those boxes with grass in them! MAy have to try that last one though!

Leebo :D

I had a juicy Lucy once, long time ago, but that another story...

The cigar, as I remember it, was essential oily, smoked well and was of decent apperance and construction. A short smoke and something I had to experience at the time. Not on my reach for list at the moment.

Thanks Mike for the persistent and dedicated reviews you provided us. I think I will try the Clear robusto if I can find one here based upon your reveiw.

Thanks,

JerryG

Well I really never would have tried any of them but, Mike was talking about how great they where selling so I decided t risk it.
Tonight I shall sacrifice an aged Partagas to make all things right.

no not really. Kind of interesting.
But If I wanted to smoke a pipe, I would have grabbed one and smoked it.