• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

MyCubanCigar.com

JoeInvest

ASU Sundevil Alumni '87
Hello everyone,

There was a thread a while back that I could not find that talked about this site as a "source" for ISOMs. After reading about how you could buy in singles, I decided to try six sticks that I had not had yet as a test.

Sorry fella's, so far, all three I have lit have been fakes. I wrote an e-mail to the site and am waiting to hear back from them. Don't know if I will. I dropped about $95 on this experiment and I don't want anyone else to make the same mistake.

I do not hold myself out as an ISOM expert, but through trial and error and with some help from my Bro's here and elsewhere, I'm pretty good at telling the diff. One of the cigars was the Cohibal Esplindido (sp) and it was horrible. Very spongy, big hole down the middle when lit, very poor roll. I have tasted some bad fakes and this particular one was one of the worst. Gotta put that one back on the pay it forward list.

Anyhoo, if someone else has had a positive experience with these folks and you are sure you got the real deal, I'm sorry, I'm not trying to tell you that you are wrong. Needless to say, I won't be buying from these folks anymore...buyer beware.

Thanks for letting me vent a bit.

Joe I. ???

:angry:

I ordered six too Joe but haven't received them yet. I had heard others who ordered them and they were real. I think coventrycat got some that were.

Mine should be here real soon. I will let you know how they turn out. :angry:

Just what I didn't need to hear with my 6 sticks due to arrive today. ??? OH well, that's why I didn't order but 6.

Thanks for the head's up Joe. Sorry for your bad experience though :(

Wascal, let me know what you think when you get yours. Like I said, I don't want to assume that everyone will have the same problem, but......

Thanks LB.

Sticks came today. First off let me say I'm not going to smoke one of these till later in next week, so the taste test will be done later.

Apperance:

All 6 have soft spots, or underfills.
A couple of the bands look to be reglued and are crooked.
A couple of the caps are a different color, much lighter.

Admitted that it isn't much, but is a cause for consern.

Thanks Joe. Glad it was only 6 cigars. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts Wascal.

It wouldn't surprise me..... most of the people popping off about this great new "source" wouldn't know a cuban cigar if Fidel himself handed it to them. ;) They'll be those that still want to believe.... trust me! :lookup:

well, i guess i have to add to this once again.
some may have had bad experience with this
site. mine has been nothing short of wunnerful.
i've had one problem, and they took care of me
very well.

Guess this is like putting a button in front of someone and telling them not to push it huh?
rolleye.gif

I'm not going here..... the very first post should be warning enough to tread lightly.
smokin.gif

I for one won't be ordering from them again. Young tobacco, overpriced, dubious origins.

I bought a few from these guys and compared them to ones I'm 99.99% are real and the mycubancigar ones look real to me.

They taste real, have the black ash and triple seamed caps.

Their prices are okay for some and way too expensive for others.

I dunno, they seem okay to me.

I'm sure the pros around this place have reliable sources they can trust which is great. If you have a source you can trust, stick with 'em.

I'm still trying to find them.........

i don't know why someone who has never ordered
from these people feels the need to comment about
that which he has not experienced. i just thought it
should be back on here, since it got wiped out, that
not everyone had bad experiences with them. joe i.
and i have kinda "agreed to disagree" about this source
and left it at that. if you don't want to order from them,
don't. but don't assume to speak for my experience please.
i have found better places thanks to brothers on the board,
but as we all know, these are usually closely guarded secrets.
MCC.com gives a newbie an option, and although their cigars
must not be all top notch as i trust joe i. and wascal, their
business practices are and they will always strive to make
the customer happy. i hope that is enough about this. geez,
the only reason i posted today was because everything but
negative posts about them were wiped out.

todd

LuckyDawg said:
......... if you don't want to order from them,
don't......... but don't assume to speak for my experience please.
...........and although their cigars must not be all top notch as i trust joe i. and wascal, their business practices are.........
Todd, I'll have to ASSume when you talk about someone with no experience from this particular vendor you are referring to me. ROFLMAO! You don't have to worry about me ordering from them. LOL My post's have had nothing to do with my experince or "your" experince with this vendor. Not sure where you read that. ??? My post have been buyer beware and nothing more. I'm glad you have gotton excellent "service" from them and if you have received authentic product then yipee for you. Several other people whose opinions I value said they received fakes. BTW, I've also had someone, whose opinion I value, tell me they received authentic cigars from here also.

I'm not going to touch the last quote...... most people can make up their own minds from the posts above.

LuckyDawg said:
i don't know why someone who has never ordered
from these people feels the need to comment about
that which he has not experienced. i just thought it
should be back on here, since it got wiped out, that
not everyone had bad experiences with them. joe i.
and i have kinda "agreed to disagree" about this source
and left it at that. if you don't want to order from them,
don't. but don't assume to speak for my experience please.
i have found better places thanks to brothers on the board,
but as we all know, these are usually closely guarded secrets.
MCC.com gives a newbie an option, and although their cigars
must not be all top notch as i trust joe i. and wascal, their
business practices are and they will always strive to make
the customer happy. i hope that is enough about this. geez,
the only reason i posted today was because everything but
negative posts about them were wiped out.

todd
Wow bro. Didnt mean to hit a touchy subject.

sorry if i misunderstood, kenny. i percieved a
ball busting from you to me, so i guess the egg
is on my face! i'm a little too touchy with all the
"fecal matter" going on in my life right now. my
apologies. no hard feelings? ???