• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Mystery Cigar encounter #1

hbooker

Cigar DJ
So,  I have been doing webwork for people for like 6 years, and I have worked on some rather prominant cigar websites in the early days. All with the hopes of providing the work in exchange for decent smokes.
This situation was like the others, I had purchased a sampler and done some work and when the package arrived there where these 2 stick in there that where not labeled (no band) and no accounting if what they where. 6" and a Dark rich Maduro wrapper 43 ring size.
they wheren't the smothest wrapper - kind of a rough type of roll?
My thinking was Whoopie - He sent me a couple of "killer" smokes and they obviously couldnt be sent with the band on them. Or they where sent as a mystery on purpose - I rush over and get my best smoking buddy and announce we have a treat, and hand him one.  We comment upon the aroma of the cigar a slight amonia sent - hmm curious. He asks me do you think?
So now we are all set - we are truly interested and awaiting to see what this special somke has.<p>We light up carefully, and the draw is slightly firm yet smooth. The initial flavor was a medium nutty flavor. The ash was a solid ash with differing colors-wisps if dark and a subtle lighter grey mix.
As we smoked we looked at the smokes as if they where a gift from above  - these where the newest favorites for both of us. This decision was made at less than 1/2 way through the smoke.
Each smoke reported a rich nutty and subtle light and occasional sweetness throughout it's burn.
As we neared the end (my favorite portion) it blossomed into a srong rich and bold flavor. This was one of those smokes you don't set down and go back in the office.
We finally finished these and Dave looks to me and says find out - and I finish the statment- how much for a box... We figgured they would run us about 250 a box.
The great mystery smoke.. I got right on the email and sent of an email to our online cigar store of choice and asked him about these. He acted like he didn't know what we where talking about. For 3 days he wouldn't answer that specific question. When he finally did, I was shocked that these stick went for like less than 40 dlooars a bundle - we ended up making a "standing order" (don't let us run out type)
I later found out they where handmade in the Dominican Republic by a Factory that makes some really quality smokes.
If you haven't tried these I would recommend them highly.<p>

The only description was
"Dominican Handmades"
Mike over at MDCIGARS has them.
I was kind of thinking about starting a Pass with them.
Nothing fancy. Just plain old good.

You should check out the Ybor bundels if you haven't already. Same thing nothing fancy just a good smoke.