• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NASCAR Kansas Race

seegarfan

Anyone talk NASCAR here?

How about that finish......do you think Biffle was the winner?

I think NASCAR made the call that would have the least amout of ramifications. Because if you don't give the win to Biffle, that sets up all kinds of scoring headaches.

NASCAR needs to define a reasonable speed under caution......to me that would be the speed that the pace car has used all day at that track.

Mark

Biffle's win was ok with me. The problem I had is NASCAR saying that he did maintain reasonable speed..um...no he didnt. He just got lucky and ran out at the right place on the track. He runs out on the back stretch and never makes it. Kenseth or someone would have pushed him back to the line since the race was over and positions were locked. I think NASCAR just wanted to get out of that debacle of a race. Biffle is not in chase and did not have any effect in the big picture. NASCAR needs to quit pushing these start times back further and further, especially on tracks with no lights. Cars should be taking the green flag by 1 pm local time every Sunday race.

I missed the finish. With the way the rain was coming down, I figured Tony had it won. That sucks that he didn't.

Biffle's win was ok with me. The problem I had is NASCAR saying that he did maintain reasonable speed..um...no he didnt. He just got lucky and ran out at the right place on the track. He runs out on the back stretch and never makes it. Kenseth or someone would have pushed him back to the line since the race was over and positions were locked. I think NASCAR just wanted to get out of that debacle of a race. Biffle is not in chase and did not have any effect in the big picture. NASCAR needs to quit pushing these start times back further and further, especially on tracks with no lights. Cars should be taking the green flag by 1 pm local time every Sunday race.

You bring up a lot of good points. Especially about the late start times.

Mark

Nascar took a win from Robby Gordon in Montreal earlier this year for not maintaining pace speed and he got wrecked under caution. Of course Nascar hates Robby Gordon :sign:

Nascar took a win from Robby Gordon in Montreal earlier this year for not maintaining pace speed and he got wrecked under caution. Of course Nascar hates Robby Gordon :sign:

I will agree that he got screwed up in Canada. That was his race - no way kangaroo meat was going to catch him.

Once again Nascar's inconsistency of enforcing the rules allows for different outcomes under similar circumstances. :angry:

Mark