• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need a keystroke logger

NullSmurf

Das Bruce
For surveilance on my computer. I'm actually looking for some kind of recorder because I need to see inbound messages as well as outgoing.

I can't remember the name of the program but my SIL put it on her Husband's computer, she could see when he surfed, who he emailed, etc. It was like spouse watch or child watch or something like that.

If you google KGB key logger on google there is an amazing one, you can set it up to take screen shots every couple of minutes to see what they are looking at, plus you can log any keystrokes made and received. I used this program to bust my ex fiance conspiring to sabotage my motorcycle after I dumped her.

I put this (WebWatcher) on my kid's computer a while back.

It takes a little doing and you have to have good access to the machine only once. After that, all remote and very stealthy.

Good luck!

G-

I put this (WebWatcher) on my kid's computer a while back.

It takes a little doing and you have to have good access to the machine only once. After that, all remote and very stealthy.

Good luck!

G-

Webwatcher seems what I want. Its damned expensive, though.

Just make her wear oven mitts when she's at home.

If necessary, get some larger mitts, put a few grommets in them so you can thread a small chain or cable through to keep them on her hands, and use a little padlock to fasten them.

*I'm kind of kidding.

Thought about it and I refuse to string barbed wire, real or virtual. I set passworded screen savers. Its line of sight going forward. Thanks everyone for your suggestions.

One thing I've recommended to parents as well is to set up the modem for the internet in your bedroom (if you have cable run it to your room, if it's phone line, same thing, etc.) and add a wireless router. Make all the computers wireless (you can by a dongle/pluginthingy for about $35 here in Canada for computers that don't have Wifi in them) and then when you go to bed you turn off the modem. Won't stop them from using it during the day when you're out but when you're home and especially at night when you're asleep no internet, unless they're really sneaky and hook up a cell phone or steal a neighbours signal or something.

I use SpectorSoft at work to monitor people to make sure they aren't screwing around too much on the computers; it is a tad expensive though but works awesome. You install it, then you can remote administer everything that you will possible need to do.

One thing I've recommended to parents as well is to set up the modem for the internet in your bedroom (if you have cable run it to your room, if it's phone line, same thing, etc.) and add a wireless router. Make all the computers wireless (you can by a dongle/pluginthingy for about $35 here in Canada for computers that don't have Wifi in them) and then when you go to bed you turn off the modem. Won't stop them from using it during the day when you're out but when you're home and especially at night when you're asleep no internet, unless they're really sneaky and hook up a cell phone or steal a neighbours signal or something.

Tried that and the kids have actually snuck into the room after I'm asleep and turned it on again. :)

Amputating their fingers seemed to work best.