• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need a recommendation for a mild smoke

Cira

So my wife has gone from complaining about the smell and price of smokes to "Hey, let me give that a try" to "Got any more of those Padron anniversarios?". She seems to like very mild smokes like the VSG. I usually enjoy something a little spicier and medium to full. I'm not the most experienced and have trouble identifying and telling people what I like let alone getting it out of someone else. I'd think she would like something mild but still with some flavor. Does that make sense? Are "mild" smokes by definition supposed to taste like air? Any suggestions on things (NC) I could have her try? Not sure if she will like flavors but I'll get her some like the moontrance to try.

Also, am I headed down the wrong path here? I could see this either turning into getting approval to build a walk in humidor or getting a divorce over her smoking all my sticks!!! :)

So my wife has gone from complaining about the smell and price of smokes to "Hey, let me give that a try" to "Got any more of those Padron anniversarios?". She seems to like very mild smokes like the VSG. I usually enjoy something a little spicier and medium to full. I'm not the most experienced and have trouble identifying and telling people what I like let alone getting it out of someone else. I'd think she would like something mild but still with some flavor. Does that make sense? Are "mild" smokes by definition supposed to taste like air? Any suggestions on things (NC) I could have her try? Not sure if she will like flavors but I'll get her some like the moontrance to try.

Also, am I headed down the wrong path here? I could see this either turning into getting approval to build a walk in humidor or getting a divorce over her smoking all my sticks!!! :)

Don Diego, CAO Gold.

Seth

vsg's are some of my favorite smokes, have her try the tres mystique if she has had some of the larger vitolas. its a good little cigar with lots of flavor. on the slightly spicier side a don pepin black label is also a good stick. today i had an oliva serie "O" maduro robusto which proved to be mild yet tasty, a good amount of smoke, even burn, a little sweet and fairly cheap, about the same as the black label. hope that helps.

my wife hates cigar smoke the way it smells everything, its good cause i don't have to worry about my stash but on the other hand i can't share with her something i really enjoy, but oh well she has her shoe fetish of which i can't understand. just go with it, if becomes a problem you can always put a lock on the humidor :laugh:

he seems to like very mild smokes like the VSG.

Is that the Ashton VSG? Cuz I dunno what your definition of "mild" is but mine is: "The opposite of the Ashton VSG."

Also I wouldn't call the Padron Annis Mild either.

Maybe she actually likes Medium-full smokes?
What else has she tried?

he seems to like very mild smokes like the VSG.

Is that the Ashton VSG? Cuz I dunno what your definition of "mild" is but mine is: "The opposite of the Ashton VSG."

Also I wouldn't call the Padron Annis Mild either.

Maybe she actually likes Medium-full smokes?
What else has she tried?

Those are about all she has tried but wants something more mild. Those are about as mild as I have on hand right now. As I said, I'm a newb so I haven't tried the full spectrum of cigars let alone be able to classify them :) I typically smoke RP vintage, Gurkha, La Flor Dominicana and Carlos Torano so to me a VSG or a Padron is mild. I guess my frame of reference is off.

Well, if she's one of them NH native women, that would explain it. I married one myself. They're armed and dangerous when provoked. So mosey on over to Castro's or Two guys and get her some Tat's ,Cabiguans, and any other Don Pepin creations you can find. That should make her happy.

Doc.

A nice budget stick in the mild range are Tampa Sweethearts.

My go-to mild cigar would be an ashton classic. They make little ones in the classic line (not tinned) that she might like if she likes smaller sizes, but the Ashton's have nice flavor and are quite mild. For a cheaper cigar, I will recommend the Perdomo Fresco at about $2 a cigar you cant go wrong, they are relatively mild, but are bursting with flavor. NC montecristos and romeo y julietta might be good options as well.

Circa, I just ment that you stash is clearly Full bodied smokes, so I wouldn't want you to swing too far looking for something more mild. ;)

I'll second Devil Doc's Sugestion:

get her some Tat's ,Cabiguans, and any other Don Pepin creations you can find. That should make her happy.

Really, you can't go wrong in that territory. Try a red-label Tatuaje!

:thumbs:

the best mild smoke I've ever had is a Diamond Crown natural... not cheap though.

I recommend the Flor de Ybor #4 from Tampa Sweethearts. Corona size, nice and mild and won't break anyone's budget. Mrs. FlyFish likes them. If money is no object the Ashton classic line is a terrific mild cigar.

WOW, VSG mild??? What do you consider to be strong? You are more man than I my friend, LOL.

Here is a list of mild smokes she could also try.

Fonseca
Don Lino
Cuesta Rey
Leon Jimenes
Montesino
Fuente Regular Line Seleccion D'Or
Torano Casa Torano
RP Vintage Connecticut
Romeo Julieta Reserva Real
Montecristo White
La Fontana
Bacarrat