• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need advice on new humidor

jstrat

I'm about to pull the trigger on the Vicksburg glass top humidor from bargainhumidors.com and was looking for some feedback on the two finishes. I think I'm going with the bubinga finish, but the pictures on their website make it hard to see the details on how it looks. I'm trying to get a close match to my bedroom furniture which is more of a mission style cherry finish (but not too red). I'm guessing that the mahogany finish is too dark and the bubinga might be a little "redder" in color. Can anyone comment or post pictures?

I have the Vicksburg and I like it. One thing you might not realize is that it's NOT that big. They advertise it as a place to keep your full boxes but it's really nothing more than a footlocker that fits about 4 boxes.

If you are looking for mass storage definitely go coolerdor. If you are looking for a nice looking piece for singles and a few premium boxes than the Vicksburg should work real nicely.

I have no issues with seal or construction.

edit: I should also mention that the service from BH was fantastic and I received the humidor in 2 days.

edit again: I have the bubinga and it's not that red. It's pretty much as it looks in that picture. I can post something when I get home if you like.

I actually own 2 footlocker humidors. Both look like exactly like the Vicksburg, but one of them is made by Don Salvatore. Anyways, I have 7 good size boxes of cigars stored inside the Don Salvatore. In the other one, I have loose cigars. The Vicksburg is a great humidor if you get one that doesn't have a bad seal like mine did. As of this moment, the seal problem that mine had has been fixed.

Bill Clinton said:
I actually own 2 footlocker humidors. Both look like exactly like the Vicksburg, but one of them is made by Don Salvatore. Anyways, I have 7 good size boxes of cigars stored inside the Don Salvatore. In the other one, I have loose cigars. The Vicksburg is a great humidor if you get one that doesn't have a bad seal like mine did. As of this moment, the seal problem that mine had has been fixed.
[snapback]272784[/snapback]​
Gloria in excelsis Deo!!!!

Doc.

smallg said:
I have the Vicksburg and I like it. One thing you might not realize is that it's NOT that big. They advertise it as a place to keep your full boxes but it's really nothing more than a footlocker that fits about 4 boxes.

If you are looking for mass storage definitely go coolerdor. If you are looking for a nice looking piece for singles and a few premium boxes than the Vicksburg should work real nicely.

I have no issues with seal or construction.

edit: I should also mention that the service from BH was fantastic and I received the humidor in 2 days.

edit again: I have the bubinga and it's not that red. It's pretty much as it looks in that picture. I can post something when I get home if you like.
[snapback]272771[/snapback]​

Thanks. No need to post a picture. I just wanted to make sure that the bubinga was not dark like the mahogony. And, to your point, I am just looking to store a few boxes along with some premium singles. I also have a couple of desktop humis for my daily smokes. I'm sure I will add a coolerdor to the mix soon enough.

Devil Doc said:
Bill Clinton said:

Doc.
[snapback]272813[/snapback]​

Haha. Did you use the wax Bill?

Bubinga is a gorgeous wood. Figured Bubinga is one of the best looking woods I've ever seen, behind quilted big leaf maple and figured sapele.

CalixEros said:
Devil Doc said:
Bill Clinton said:

Doc.

Haha. Did you use the wax Bill?

Bubinga is a gorgeous wood. Figured Bubinga is one of the best looking woods I've ever seen, behind quilted big leaf maple and figured sapele.
[snapback]272993[/snapback]​

Yes, I actually purchased the wax already.
I took the advice that was given to me.

Thanks to all. I ordered the bubinga. Now off to Viper's site to buy some beads!

I have the mahogany one - it's very dark, and rock solid at keeping things tasty ;)

IgwanaRob said:
I have the mahogany one - it's very dark, and rock solid at keeping things tasty ;)
[snapback]273152[/snapback]​

Good to know. Just curious, are you using beads? If so, are they 65% or 70% and also how much are you using? I've got two half-ounce tubes of the 65% in my larger desktop and they are holding great. Was thinking about a half pound in the bottom of the new humi and a couple of one ounce tubes in the trays.

Doc.

Having followed this said humidor issues on this and other forums, I must add ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one Doc. I laughed out-loud.

jstrat said:
IgwanaRob said:
[snapback]273152[/snapback]​

Good to know. Just curious, are you using beads? If so, are they 65% or 70% and also how much are you using? I've got two half-ounce tubes of the 65% in my larger desktop and they are holding great. Was thinking about a half pound in the bottom of the new humi and a couple of one ounce tubes in the trays.
[snapback]273157[/snapback]​

I have the humidifier it came with on the bottom, and a small tube of 65% beads on the top shelf, works fine for the way it's set up (so far), and the RH reads 62% most of the time (hygro is the other top shelf).