• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need assistance from a local LEO

Marco-Polo

Go Irish Go!
Hi guys,

I have a serious problem at hand.

Today, my wife received several calls from someone who was harassing her (details confidential, of course, but not good - it looks like some sick puppy wants to break up our quite-solid marriage). This is the first day it's happened. They called both her office and our home. They're spoofing their phone number and using software to disguise their voice.

We've made a police report to our local PD and the college police (she works at a local college), and I'm currently arguing with a comcast employee about putting a trace on our line. It's clearly someone who knows a little bit about us (where I went to college, how long we've been married - not details that would be really, really hard to find, in fact you could figure out all of it from hanging around CP, but not details that are the first things to come up, too. Especially since we have different surnames).

Right now, she's distraught, and I'm none too calm myself. Like I said, our marriage is solid - but someone who knows us has really violated our privacy, knows where she works, knows where our home is ...

Question for all and sundry: what do I do?

Other than what you already have done I would suggest taping the phone calls for future prosecution.