• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need help keeping up!

okiesmoke

OK guys, I'm needing some input. What's the status with some of these new cigars? I let the Gurkha craze pass by without asking but some of these new smokes seem to be calling my name. I just wanted to hear a couple trusted opinions before I jumped in headfirst.

So how bout Viajes or Illusione, Cruzados? Just curious how they smoke or if they compare to any others. Thanks in advance. Maybe Santa will be reading this as well! If I've left any new sticks out... :whistling:

I absolutely love the Illusione cigars, I am a fan of the ~68~ for sure. Just my 2 cents.

You can check out some reviews around the board here, and here, and here.

Search is your friend!

EDIT: Try a "My Father" if you haven't yet!

Sorry, I know better than to post w/out searching! Please don't bury me on this!

As I've said to other people on here, only you can decide what YOU like! Thanks for the links though :)

Sorry, I know better than to post w/out searching! Please don't bury me on this!

As I've said to other people on here, only you can decide what YOU like! Thanks for the links though :)

No burrying necessary. Have fun searching/smoking new sticks. I'm sure you'll enjoy many of the new cigars that were just released this year...and some are really fantastic.

Also give Esencia a try. It's a good smoke as well, IMHO.

No burrying necessary. Have fun searching/smoking new sticks. I'm sure you'll enjoy many of the new cigars that were just released this year...and some are really fantastic.

As he said. When I started here I liked some cigars, but as my tastes changed and I participated in some buys and such, and was gifted smokes. I found I LOVED cigars I've never tried, or found an appreciation for ones I'd had before. Listen, learn and love.

Keith

The Illusione 88 is a nice smoke, as well as the cruzado...needs some rest though. There are much more sticks hitting soon, enjoy brother.

I just had the small Cruzado yesterday and it blew me away. Absolutely fabulous. I'm a huge fan of everything I've sampled from Dion thus far, he is putting out some of the best stuff right now in my opinion. The Cruzado was rich with a creamy flavor I hadn't experienced in the Illusiones I've had. But if you're a fan of pure tabacco flavor, any of the Illusione line should satisfy you.

I've also had the LaRiqueza and Esencia. Both were outstanding and well worth trying. Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Also give Esencia a try. It's a good smoke as well, IMHO.

What he said and I'll agree with the others on the Illusione. Top notch!

I didn't like the first belicoso Esencia I had, but since I've had a couple PCs that were incredible. Very similar to an Illusion (imo, but others have said it, too).

La Riquiza and Pinar del Rio are two others to try. Good average smokes, imo.

What other new ones are there? I think that's about all I've tried lately. :thumbs:

I'm wondering about that new moderately priced Tatuaje that's supposed to be coming out in 2009?

I'm a huge fan of the Illusione cigars, I think they are top notch. I can agree the 88 is one of my favorites. Are you talking about the Habano and Maduro lines that Pete spoke about in 26 minutes with him? I can't see anything that Pete/Pepin make being bad. Just smoke it up and try new things, that's half the fun of cigar smoking.

Yeah the ones in the interview. I don't think he ever said the name though.

I'm wondering about that new moderately priced Tatuaje that's supposed to be coming out in 2009?

From what I have heard they will be called Ambos Mundos (Both Worlds in English I think). As you probably know, they will be bundled and retail for somewhere around $4.75. One interesting little tidbit is that they have a triple cap because the rollers in Pepin's factory did not know how to roll any other way and they didn't want to teach them "backwards". As far as I know they are supposed to drop early next year.

I have the same problem. There are an insane amount of brands. My other love is cars and that is way easier.