• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some advise about the new humidor.

vengo97

Hi all,

I recently purchased this Humidor Link
BARGAIN-HUMIDORS-DESKTOP-HUMIDOR-ROSEWOOD-DISCOUNT-450.jpg

I was pretty excited, but am kind of disappointed with the final product. I read that you want all sides to be thick, and have a good seal. The seal seems fine, but the bottom is very thin, not like the rest of the box. Also there is a bunch of glue that appears to have leaked from the tray. I don't know if it was from heat or what, but if there would have been cigars there they would have been ruined, stuck to the tray.

My question is should I just ask for a new tray, or should I send the whole thing back and look elsewhere?? I know it was cheap, did I just get what I paid for?? Does anyone else have this desktop?? Does the bottom being thin effect it that much. Other then those problems it seems to be really nice.

Thanks for the advise in advance.

Tom

If it's possible, I'd sand off the excess. I'd also notify the vendor that you weren't satisfied as is.

If it's not possible/practical, I'd ask for a refund and not patronize that brand again.

I agree with NullSmurf: Request an exchange from the seller. If the second one is also poor, send it back for a refund, and build yourself a 'tuperdor while you save up for a nice wood humidor.

I have a humidor exactly like it, and it works really well. I did get it from another source and it was slightly more expensive, but it does work.

The only problem is... its almost full, and im upgrading already. I would say if your sending it back, get a bigger one =)

Chris.

Nice beginners box, nicer than the one I started with years ago. I know several herfers that have the same model and are happy with it.
Remove the excess glue, if possible. Let the vendor know thet the product was "unacceptable" if you feel that you did not get waht you paid for. Unfortunately when buying a humidor, you're almost destined to be a bit disappointed. By the time you've saved up to purchase a specific humi, you see something else, AND you've already started buying sticks for the bigger humi. It is always nice to have a presentation/display humidor because you're always going to have a few tupperdors until the day you truly break down and build a walk-in! :laugh:

Well this does make me feel a little more comfortable. I was worried that I got a piece of crap. One more question I have is, how strong of a cedar smell do new humidors usually have?? I like the smell, but it's pretty strong, I'm worried that my cigars will wind up tasting like pure cedar.

Thanks, again to all.

Tom

That glue you said was leaking out of the tray sounds like a sap pocket in the wood, especially if its sticky. I wouldn't risk putting any of your sticks in there. If it is sap it will continue to leak. Good luck finding something your satisfied with.

John

I'm pretty sure that it is glue. It runs from the joint where the tray is put together and runs down from several spots about 6 inches long. I think if it were from sap it would have more of a central spot it came from.

Not a bad bargain for the price. I would email them telling that you're not satisfied and see what they are willing to do. They might exchange the tray for you.