• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Need some prayers

Gawl

Going through some tough times right now and could use some prayers if you all don't mind.

Sometime in early March our one dog Molly (the big blind moose) developed a cough that we couldn't seem to find the source of. After some vet trips we came to find out that it was her heart and that she has congestive heart failure.

Along with that she has had a nasty sinus infection and had to have her top 2 canines removed as they were infected from the sinus and impacted. Needless to say the poor girl has been going through a lot the past few months.

We took her back in on Friday and the vet heard fluid around her heart. She got a shot of lasik and is on that now, but she's at the point where she just doesn't seem happy anymore. She doesn't want to eat anything, even turned down steak, and she just keeps laying around.

Needless to say I have been a wreck and just can't figure out what to do. We can't decide if we should have the vet come put her down here at the house, if we should just let her be and take her last breaths here. It's a shitty thing have to decide when a family member needs to go, shes been with us for 13 years and has truly become a member of the family.

If you guys can keep my family and I in your prayers I would really appreciate it. It's not like we didn't know it was comming and I have had to deal with it with other pets before, its just never easy and is heart breaking.

It's never easy saying goodbye but sometimes our pets end up depending on us to make that awful decision at the right time for them. Don't let your love for her lead to her suffering.

We'll be thinking of you and your family.

My prayers go out to you man!

It's never easy saying goodbye but sometimes our pets end up depending on us to make that awful decision at the right time for them. Don't let your love for her lead to her suffering.

We'll be thinking of you and your family.

X2

Good will coming your way! Stay positive!

I completely understand. We are trying to make the same decision at our house. My Lab, Apollo (picture in my avatar), has had a tumor on his foot for 9 months now and the vet thinks it is cancer. He's 11 years old and the tumor just keeps getting bigger, bleeding worse, getting infected and causing his foot to rot. He's not happy and feels miserable. It's just hard to make the final decision. I know we will both do the right thing.

I know how you feel brother. I am so appreciative that the Vet came and did it at her home. That part is so touching and loving that you will be in our hearts and our prayers... My heart goes out to you.

My prayers go out to you. I understand where your coming from with this. My suggestion is to ease her suffering now, but maybe it would be better done at the vets facilitys than your home.

I had a similar situation happen to me. My ex called me one day, freaking out about my dog Bailey. When we split, I left Bailey not because I wanted to, but mainly for my kids who loved her greatly. I was out of town for work at the time, and like a switch being turned off her health starting fading fast. I didn't know what to do, so I told the my ex to take her back to the vet (this was already planned) and that I would make the decision the very next day, when I was back in town. As hard as it was I had already made the decision, but I wanted to have that last chance to say goodbye, to be there when everything happened. As I saw it, I was the only one there when I got her originally, and that was how it would be at the end, for the sake of the kids and the ex, etc.

I never got that chance. She passed in the middle of the night that night. I found out the next morning when I grabbed my phone to head out the door, I looked and I had a message on it and already I knew what the message would say. I'll spare you the rest of the details. I have her picture here at work, sitting in her favorite chair (my laz e boy) looking right at me. She was the best.

As hard as it is to recant this story, I tell you not to make you feel sad, but in hopes that it will help you make the decision, whichever that may be that is right for you. I tried to myself, but things happened much quicker than I thought they would.

It is so hard to loose the ones in our families. All my thoughts and prayers.

I cannot imagine how tough that has to be. I have my first dog and while I got it mainly because my wife wanted one, I have fallen in love with him. He is still fairly young but I cannot even think of what it would be like without him. He is a big part of our little family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

It's always hard to make that decison to put a pet down. Pets are family members. No getting around it. Whatever the final decison is, give the dog hugs and a lot of petting. They know its love coming to them from you and it stays with them. I learned that when two of my dogs (at different times) passed. One died at home and one had to be put down. A very difficult thing to go through. Best wishes for you and your pet.