• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Neeeewwwwwwwwww YORK!

Lopaka

That flyer guy!
*cue Sinatra* Start spreading the news...I'm leaving today...

If you are in the New York area from the 20th-27th June and you would like to get together for Herf, send me a PM.

I don't have exact dates and times yet. I know we should be there for a few days. I'll find out details this week. I'm coming with my crew. So, no family.

Also, I've never been there so if anyone has any suggestions on what I need to see while I'm there, that would be awesome. I do have a short list of places.

1. Statue of Liberty
2. 9/11 Memorial
3. Time Square
4. Wall Street
5. Central Park (for a Run)
6. Empire State Building
7. Grand Central Station
8. Chrysler Building
9. U.S.S. Intrepid

Hope to have a few smokes!

Lopaka

(I know many of you don't know me. I don't post here as much as I use to. Figured there are a few that I know here that might like to get together for a smoke)

Im originally from New York and I still do research on restaurants to visit when im back. One of the best thing about NYC is the diversity of food and the ever changing restaurants there.

Rob's good people, definitely try to have a smoke with him. If you're in town on the 2nd Wednesday of the month you'll be able to go to the monthly meet up.

Two Suggestions:

1) A visit to the FAO Schwartz toy store. Perhaps it is because I am a big kid, but I absolutely love that place. It has a way of bringing your childhood back... if only for an hour or so :).

2) Catch a NY Yankees or a Mets game. NOTHING beats a NY stadium hot dog.

Enjoy your time in NY!

I'd be down for a smoke sometime during the week.
Let me know what evenings work best for you.

You should eat some pizza(Steve's, Ben's), bagel (H&H), chinese food, go to McSorley's and order a gin and tonic, chill in Central Park, and check out a museum or two.
If you like Chinese and/or asian fare I would recommend eating around Flushing, Queens - Korean, Sichuan, Cantonese, Tibetan, Thai and more.
Take the Staten Island ferry if you want a cheap view of the Statue of Liberty.

-Rob

The only night I can't do this week is Wednesday. If the weather doesn't cooperate, we always have Club Mac to fall back on.

Update:

23-25 June we'll be NY. About 4 blocks from Central Park.
25-27 June we'll be Long Island near the MacArthur Airport.

I'm PM my state side Cell to RobC and Roy. Looking forward to enjoying some smokes.

Lopaka

Miloh and Rob both offer great suggestions.

If you still plan on visiting Grand Central Terminal (good choice!), you should over to Bryant Park which is a few blocks down the street. Adjacent to Bryant Park is the NYPL Humanties and Social Science Library. This landmark is one of the most beautiful and impressive libraries in the world. Also, right down the street from the terminal is Nat Sherman, one of my favorite tobacconist in the city. Their lounge is members only (or you can buy a day pass, for $25 I believe), but they do have an impressive walk-in humidor with a smoking area for non-members.

Since you're staying so close to Central Park (also a good choice!) , that puts you within walking distance to some cool places: Strawberry Fields, Columbus Circle, (The Time Warner Mall in Columbus Circle houses a Davidoff store) The American Museum of Natural History, and the Hayden Planeterium, just to name a few.

A must-see: The Met. Simply amazing. If you could only choose one museum in NYC to visit - hell, if you could choose only one museum in the world to visit, this is the one! (Don't miss the Arms & Armor collection.)

I don't know yet if if I'll be in the city when you're visiting, but I'm definitely up for a smoke if I happen to be in town then.

Being from Jersey and used to hang out in Manhattan, there is so much to visit. Basically everything your fellow CPers said are a must. To me if I was to go back again the one area I would go is downtown. The Village, Bleeker and Sullivan st is a good center to start from in that area I love that area. NYU is about 3 blocks north which surrounds Washington Square Park. And keep your eyes peeled you might pass right by someone famous. Manhattan is so amazing, everything that happens there are so any districts from fur to diamond to fabric to flower. Just for the heck of it go to the NY Stock Exchange just SouthEast of WTC Memorial, or head over to the Eastside and go to South Street Seaport. Could go on forever but as the saying goes "So many places, So little time". Oh yeah and ya cant forget Gray's Papaya hot dogs corner of 6th Ave (Avenue of the America's) and west 8th st just 2 blocks northwest of Washington Square park.

Rich

So I'm thinking about The Perfect Pint Thursday time tbd(probably start 5ish).
203 East 45th St.
(between 2nd Ave & 3rd Ave)

If the weather is iffy - Club Mac.

Who's in?

-Rob

50-50 chance of heavy thunderstorms supposedly clearing by 6 or 7pm.
I really want to check out the Perfect Pint so rain be damned...
If it gets real bad we'll move but this type of weather system could easily miss us completely.

-Rob

If it gets real bad we'll move but this type of weather system could easily miss us completely.

-Rob

I'll bring my 3 iron for you to hold so you can conduct the lightning away from me. :0

-Rob

I'll bring my 3 iron for you to hold so you can conduct the lightning away from me. :0

Slevy is my lightning rod!

-Rob

Great meeting you, Rob! We finally got to check out Perfect Pint and even had visits from a couple fellas that had fallen off the grid. Good time! :thumbs:

Thanks everyone who came out. As soon as I get the pics loaded on my computer, I will post them as promised! I had a great time and it was a blast meeting all of you, enjoying some beer, and sacrificing to the fire gods! I believe they were pleased.

Lopaka

Good to meet you Rob.
Those other guys though... Not so much! :laugh:

-Rob

dam how did I missed this ??? glad you guys had fun :thumbs:

Note to self: When you can't figure out why your website takes forever to download one picture, check the original size of the pics! I forgot I need to shrink the pics because I have my camera on max settings. :laugh:

Soooo, as promised, here are the pics from the NY Herf!

Carps and Rob300C
Carps and Rob300C New Version.jpg

Roy R. Frush and Slevy007
Roy R. Frush and Slevy007 net v 1.jpg

Lopaka and Roy R. Frush
Lopaka and Roy R. Frush Net V 1.jpg

Roy R. Frush, Slevy007, Carps, Rob300C, and Lopaka
Roy R. Frush Slevy007 Carps and Rob300C net v 1.jpg

Thanks for the good time guys! It made my trip to NY memorable!

Lopaka

Note: I'll be heading to Seattle and Dallas area at the end of July for those that are interested in a herf, details coming soon!

Rob whats with the blow out was it a windy day
sign.gif