• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Address

SamGuss

Well everyone, it's official. We're moving... again.

After all these months at our new house, Melly and I came to the conclusion we were simply paying out way to much money for this house and it was harming our bottom line and eating into our disposable income too severely.

While we were not in a hurry while looking for a new home, our search only lasted a week and we found a very nice place. As a matter of fact it is better, bigger and cheaper than what we're in now. Three times bigger as a matter of fact and after move-in costs, etc. we are looking at being able to save over $300 a month which we will be able to put back into our disposable income pile.

We are excited about this as you all can imagine and are moving in immediately (well over the next couple of weeks). Financially this won't change anything for us for this month and the first part of August, but after that as I stated we will be able to recover over $300 that we have going out right now and along with another major bill we have finally paid off an additional $130 a month on top of that.

This means my cigar budget next month gets to go up at least slightly :D :love: :lookup: (just don't tell Melly yet :p )

Anyway, please note for those of you who have my address handy (or who might want to send a move-in gift of cigars :sneaky: ) that it is changing, my new address is:

Sam Guss
3800 A 4th Ave. S
Birmingham, AL

The new house is a older 2 story victorian/colonial that has been divided into lower and upper floors. We will have the lower floor. The place is literally three times as big as our current house, with a lovely large front porch that will be ours exclusively. I am looking forward to sitting out there on an upcoming weekend morning with a cup of java and an ISOM (probably one of my RyJ EL's, or as I like to call them: El Dente's LOL).

Sam

P.S. For Dave - this won't affect our payment schedule for the computer.

P.S.S. Leebo - this won't affect my payment for IGBC and after August will make it so I can put in my payment earlier in the month instead of the last half of the month ;) told ya something was gonna happen to make it easier!

Hey, congrats my friend! Sounds like a nice place and the porch is made for ISOM herfing. One question:
disposable income pile
Is that some sort of fancy code for cigar fund? :sign: :sign: :sign:

Congratulations Sam! It's always nice to have a little extra disposable income for the important things in life. like cigars! :thumbs:

FatherTiresius said:
Hey, congrats my friend! Sounds like a nice place and the porch is made for ISOM herfing. One question:
disposable income pile
Is that some sort of fancy code for cigar fund? :sign: :sign: :sign:
I wish :sign: though I do have to admit my cigar budget does come from this pile :p

We just use that term to describe what money we don't already have going for bills, gas, food, more bills, debt, savings, etc. and is money we can use for whatever we want that isn't a need or a bill.

Yes, I know, but Melly won't buy-into the fact that I "need" cigars :angry: :sign:

Sam

SamGuss said:
But just think - you could have the system paid off in as little as TWO MONTHS now!

(hint hint) :lookup:

DaveWF said:
SamGuss said:
But just think - you could have the system paid off in as little as TWO MONTHS now!

(hint hint) :lookup:
*mutters something about g.d. sales people under his breath* :angry: :sneaky: :p

We won't see the "extra" until into Sept. Dave, but at that point I will make a point of putting in a few extra bucks per payment to get the computer paid off sooner than the agreement - perhaps double. But with everything else we have going on and the fact that for a change we won't have to buy bargain meat at the grocery store and can upgrade to at least chicken our "extra" money is still accounted for with debt and the fact that we might be able to get out of the house more often other than to catch a movie, paying off the computer in as little as two months won't be that possible.

As I said though in Sept. onward I can throw in some extra and get the system paid off quicker than we agreed too so you won't be tied up in payments for an entire year, but I can't keep us in the current financial situaiton we are in by taking the money we are supposed to be saving with moving into this new place and the reason we decided to move, to throw all of it your way at once and have us in the same situation that we found ourselves in now and needing to move in the first place.

In other words, since we're benefiting, so will you for being a good friend and helping us out here, but I won't be able to just use all of what we will save to get the puter paid off in as quick as a couple months. So look for the agreed upon payment this month and next, and from Sept. onward extra to double and we will have it paid off sooner than what was originally set upon.

Sam

congratulations!

I totally understand, hoping for a new career here, but it will start me almost 8 grand less a year.
Been looking into refinancing this place or just buying new place outright. trying to figure wher that extra disposable cash can come from.

Sam, I think you took my post WAY to seriously. I'm not looking to take food out of your mouths or anything! Cetainly, a bit extra to get it paid of sooner would be nice, but I didn't really expect you two to have it paid off my August!

Lol
Dave ;)

It's all good Dave, I didn't take it that seriously, but I also didn't want to come across wrong either. One of those posts you know you don't want to have taken the wrong way so you lean more towards the serious side :sign:

By the way, the perph's arrived today and are waiting on my door step when I come home and the computer looks like it is still en route and will be here tomorrow. Looking forward to hooking it up, playing some games, getting some late night work done and then unplugging it and taking it to the new house, where the cable modem is being turned on over there on Tuesday :thumbs:

Sam

*still mumbles something about g.d. sales people though* :p :angry: :0 :sign:

Sam

Congrats and too late, I already sent the cigars!! lmao