• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Artisanal Woodford Reserve

ThankYouForNotSmoking

Self-Proclaimed Everyman's Man
It looks like the people over at Woodford Reserve are prepping another limited release (the last being the Master's 4-grain, I believe). It's to be finished in a California Chardonnay barrel, much like some scotches are finished in sherry, etc barrels. While I'm not a big fan of the standard Woodford bottling, the last limited release was down and out great. Anyone seen this in stores or tried it yet?

MSNBC Link on the bourbon

It looks like the people over at Woodford Reserve are prepping another limited release (the last being the Master's 4-grain, I believe). It's to be finished in a California Chardonnay barrel, much like some scotches are finished in sherry, etc barrels. While I'm not a big fan of the standard Woodford bottling, the last limited release was down and out great. Anyone seen this in stores or tried it yet?

The 4 grain tasted like a loaf of wheat bread to me. Hope fully this new release is better.

The 4 grain tasted like a loaf of wheat bread to me. Hope fully this new release is better.

It was pretty wheat-y, did you ever get to try the Van Winkle Lot B release?

I still have 6 bottles of the 4 grain (second run). The first batch of 50 barrels never made it to Michigan. I have a friend who works for Woodford and will be emailing him on the new Chardonay batch as soon as I'm done with this post.

I found the 4 grain to be some what buttery with a peppery finish. Wheaty, but still a nice bottle.

I keep you posted on the release of the new stuff if I find anything out.

Tony

LMFAO. This outta be a blast.. Ya'll get ready for one of Shane's late night rants.

So this is what Rich sent me.

Woodford Masters Collection Sonoma Finish is due to appear (300 btls) around August 1. They were bottling when I was at WRD a few weeks ago. I still have not tasted it. I am told it is butter. 6 mos. in freshly dumped Sonoma Cutrer "Les Pierres" chardonnay casks. I am intrigued. There is so much press surrounding the release that it will presell out of wholesale within the next few days. Look toward your store (Wine Castle?) or Red Wagon, same as the 4 grain. I'll let you know.
Peace
Rich

When you bring together two handcrafted premium products like Woodford Reserve and Sonoma-Cutrer, it's not surprising that they bring out the best in one another," Terry Adams, Sonoma-Cutrer's Director of Winemaking said.
Following the success of the first release in the Master's Collection � Four Grain, the 900 case, limited release of Woodford Reserve's Sonoma-Cutrer Finish will be available in only 18 states: California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington DC and Wisconsin.
So if you have the chance to try Woodford Reserve's Sonoma-Cutrer Finish don't miss out. See for yourself just what a difference a few "little details" can make in the final "finish!" :p