• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New B&M review from Chicago

SiShong

Yeah, Um, Something, Yeah
I was walking towards the bus from work and saw a sign advertising a new B&M so of course I had to walk in.

The place looked nice, not at all what I expected for the area it's located in, Tan & coffee (I guess that's the color) Walls, Big seating area with leather chairs and tables, a big flat screen TV, and the whole shop was set up and regulated like a walk in Humi. 2 walls full of Sticks in different sizes and wrappers, but I was thrown off by the wall of Drew Estate products.

Well, I steered clear of those and walked over to the wall of stuff I had never heard of, Tesa Cigars, I talked with the young guy who was behind the counter told him my preferences, we talked for a bit about the other sticks I liked, CAO Black, Gurkha Ledgends, Kristoff Maduros, and Alec Bradley Traditional Churchills, and he recommended a stick for me, and it was surprisingly, really good. He was able to pinpoint the exact cigar that matched the profile I was looking for.

I had one and then found out they were blended by the guy who recommened it (Chris Kelly), that they came from his factory in Nicaragua (owned by he and his dad), and that they had been blending for awhile, but that his store was only 2 weeks old! I was then further shocked to find out that he was only 23! Which only shocked me because I'm 27, lol.

Well suffice it to say, I was thoroughly impressed with the shop and the people there, and I would highly recommend a visit there to anyone stopping by Chicago!

While the prices were a bit high with the average stick being between $10-$13 before tax (I'm spoiled, I like shopping online and getting a good stick and only spending about $6 on it at most), it was well worth it.

They are at 464 N. Halstead, Chicago, IL 60642 the website seems to be under construction or a work in progress but it's atTesa Cigars

*edited for spelling and additional information

I believe Al at Puff n Stuff told me about him a while back. He speaks highly of him. Says he pretty much grew up around tobacco. He rolls, blends, the whole enchilada.

Very cool. PPL. I partied in Vegas with the guys from Tesa (Chris). I saw them putting up the signs yesterday. I ws told they were only going to carry their Brand cigars. Nice too see they are carrying other brands.

Also this is their second store. They have a store on the very south side of Chicago called Strictly Men. Another great place. If you see Chris tell him alex says hi and "MAKE IT RAIN"

I'm going to stop by there very briefly this afternoon, so I'll tell him. *The only other brand I saw though were Drew Estate.

*edit

Very cool. PPL. I partied in Vegas with the guys from Tesa (Chris). I saw them putting up the signs yesterday. I ws told they were only going to carry their Brand cigars. Nice too see they are carrying other brands.

Also this is their second store. They have a store on the very south side of Chicago called Strictly Men. Another great place. If you see Chris tell him alex says hi and "MAKE IT RAIN"

Strictly Men In Calumet City?

Very Cool, I'm gonna check it out. I'd love to find a boutique brand that is good.

I was impresses, I'm going to write a review about their Blend 312 which i really enjoyed, it's the one I mention above, I just have to get the other details about the wrapper, and blend, etc first so I can have an accurate bit of info before I talk about my experience with it. I'll probably review the rest of the sticks they offer, I haven't been disappointed yet!

Looks like another spot I have to check out. Thanks

Yeah, just remember they have 2 spots, Strictly Men In Calumet City, and Tesa Cigar Co. In Chicago.

Very cool. I haven't been to Strictly Men in Cal City in years. Last time I was in there I was unimpressed.

I had no idea they had one cigar shop, let alone two. I'm familiar with the Tesa brand and I really like the Kristoffs. Looks like I need to go and get one of those new Kristoff Ligeros. :)