• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Blackberry Tour...

Marcos

I love you Rocky & Sammie and Bee...thank you
Hello all. A random chain of events and some luck led to me picking up my first Blackberry today. It is the 9630 I believe. The Tour model. I like it so far but I have one first major question that hopefully someone may be able to answer. How do I set this thing up to make sure that in the middle of the night if I receive some spam email in one of my accounts that it will not go off and wake me up? I really don't want it to go off at all even for a text or pics/vid message which my friends seeem to send even at 3a.m.. but I do want it to be able to wake me up with the alarm in the morning. I need the ringer volume up so I can hear the alarm so I am stuck...I think. Any help would be appreciated. BTW CP looks funny on such a small screen but now I can't get busted at work I suppose. Thanks all.

Marcos- If you go to the "Manage Connections" icon (it looks like an antenna with waves coming off the top, and is red/white...), you can turn off the antenna/mobile network. This effectively turns of the phone's ability to receive ANYTHING (phone calls, emails and texts), but leaves the phone on for alarm purposes. I had the same issue a while ago. My corporate report emails come in at midnight and 3am. I set the alarm when I need to wake up earlier than my wife, and keep the phone on my side of the bed. No issues now!

I hope that helps!

Regards,

BT

Marcos, make a sleep profile where all alerts are silent except for the alarm.

edit:
To do so, go to profiles go to advanced, open the menu and select new profile and then edit the settings.

Does it have a bedside mode? The storm I have does, however I never use it. I was going to suggest what YTM suggested as well...

On a side note, if you switch to gmail, you won't see the spam on your phone because it automatically goes into the spam folder. I have 3 accounts tied to mine, and I probably get spam once every 6th months if that.

How do you like the phone so far? I traded my curve for a storm, and I've been having trouble texting ever since I did. My contract is up in a few months though, so i may switch to the tour soon...

Does it have a bedside mode? The storm I have does, however I never use it. I was going to suggest what YTM suggested as well...

On a side note, if you switch to gmail, you won't see the spam on your phone because it automatically goes into the spam folder. I have 3 accounts tied to mine, and I probably get spam once every 6th months if that.

How do you like the phone so far? I traded my curve for a storm, and I've been having trouble texting ever since I did. My contract is up in a few months though, so i may switch to the tour soon...

Can you elaborate more on Bedside Mode? I will look it up tonight when I have time. I like the phone but heard horror stories about the Storm and didn't want a touch screen. After a few hours of messing with it I am familiar with most of the features. Who is your wireless provider? I ask because my 2 year was up on Dec 31st of 2009. Verizon lets you upgrade 4 months prior which placed me at August 31st. I called customer service and they manually changed my upgrade date to yesterday so I could get the phone immediately. :thumbs: I love my Verizon service. This may be a bit too business like for me but it beats switching providers to get an iPhone.

Regardless of your profile...

If you set an alarm on the clock and shut the Blackberry off (hold down the red button) it will turn itself on when the alarm beeps. I use it all the time when I travel as an alarm clock.

Hmmn...I like what angryfish said. That might work for you.

As for bedside mode, I don't use it but its there. Its supposed to dim the backlight for when the storm is in the charge cradle displaying the clock. Its also supposed make it where if emails come in you won't get alerted but if someone calls or the alarm goes off you do.

For the most part i think everyone just makes a custom profile for nighttime. I just let mine alert me..but it takes a lot to wake me lol.

The other thing you could do is set it for auto off auto on. That way say at 11pm every night it turns off, but turns on again at 6 am. Defeats the purpose of a phone if someone calls during that time though...

I am typing this on my storm now. I just picked a chime sound for text and email. The chime is not to loud and short it has never woke me up. You could also shut off text and email ring tones.