• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

new CAO humidor coming

proraptor

Banned
I won a CAO 100 cigar humidor on cigarbid and it should be here this thursday. I usually use the foam that is included with my humidors but am seeing a bunch of people using beads/crystals etc.

Question: I think Im going to try a new munidification device in this new humidor....What should I try? Whats the best?

Those floral sponges are not really reliable. They provide humidity, but not some calibrated humidity (ie. 65%). Beads are the best and low maintenance.

If it's the CAO Black humi, the lid has a spot for the square humidifier. I took 65% beads and viper's pouch and put it in the humidifier instead of the foam so it would look nice, but ended up just ordering a tube from HF that had about 200% of the bead space that was in the stock humidifier. Go for the beads. Package them any way you like.

What Macion Grey said. I have been using Heartfelt 65% beads for 3 yrs now with no problems at all.

Heartfelt beads are the way to go.

They may seem kind of pricey, especially compared to water, floral foam, and PG solution, but they are definitely worth it, when I used the foam/water/PG set up it was a nightmare, my humidity was always high and it was just bad all around (just so you guys know, all of the cigars that were subject to that are long gone :) )

With the beads I give them a spritz every so often and let them be. It really couldn't be simpler, beads were the best investment I've made for my cigars and I have no regrets.

I just order half a pound of beads to add to the 2 oz that I have in my humi and to start a tuppord. I plan on adding some to the rectangle that used to hold the sponge. I will place them in a nylon stocking to hold them. I figure I will need a few ounces for the tuppord, and will have some extra. They will arrive monday and I would be happy to send an 2 oz package your way if you would like. They are the 65% RH.

Brandon

Heartfelt Heartfelt Heartfelt Heartfelt Heartfelt ....it's your best option.

Thanks for all the replys guys I appreciate it.

I also want to say thank you to brandon for the generous offer. I think Ill order some of those beads right now. The humidor is the CAO black 100 cigar one...What beads should I order? A tube? or loose beads and put them in a nylon and into the stock humidifier space?

I prefer the 65% RH beads myself, the cigars seem to smoke a little better around there to me. Further, you will probably need a little over and ounce for that size Humi, so two ounces is the way to go (can never have to much). If your interested I will have some extra so my offer still stands.

I prefer the 65% RH beads myself, the cigars seem to smoke a little better around there to me. Further, you will probably need a little over and ounce for that size Humi, so two ounces is the way to go (can never have to much). If your interested I will have some extra so my offer still stands.

Thanks I really appreciate it.....Ill send you a PM :)