• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Cigar

B_KatzOP

My local B&M got some sample smokes from a new cigar called Troya. The rep came in trying to sell the product, etc. With all the well known brands, and with most people knowing what they like, i don't think the B&M will pickup the line, or so the owner told me. No time to push the new line. Most people wouldn't care to try. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the line, and/or tried one. Sorry for the lack of Vitola info, I will try to get it from the B&M when i can.

My local B&M got some sample smokes from a new cigar called Troya. The rep came in trying to sell the product, etc. With all the well known brands, and with most people knowing what they like, i don't think the B&M will pickup the line, or so the owner told me. No time to push the new line. Most people wouldn't care to try. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about the line, and/or tried one. Sorry for the lack of Vitola info, I will try to get it from the B&M when i can.

If this is the one you are referring to Linky... There is a load of info on it there.

Famous carries the full line. They sell 5 packs also. I had one sent to me in a PIF a coupla weeks ago. I'll smoke it and let you know.

I had one of these awhile back at an event, wasn’t bad. Nothing to memorable but not bad either, I might be inclined to grab one again sometime but nothing I'd go in search of.

Troya is definetly not new... I have seen them in the bargain bin in a few shops already! Sad... People trying to market new cigars in a flooded cigar market.

-Fetter

Our local B&M had scheduled an event with a Troya rep last summer. A couple hours before the event was to begin the rep called and cancelled. WTF! Needless to say my shop does not carry these and I have nevere been inclined to give them a try.

I have had one, It is really nice with almost a mesquite taste to it. I believe it it Pepin blended.

Troya Classicos are suppose to be Pepin blend, rolled in one of his factory in Nicaraua. Troya X-Tra are also initially blended by Pepin but not rolled in his factory. Thats what I heard from Troya rep. I got few samples from him and I might try carrying these if they are any good. The price point seems pretty decent.

Troya Classicos are suppose to be Pepin blend, rolled in one of his factory in Nicaraua. Troya X-Tra are also initially blended by Pepin but not rolled in his factory. Thats what I heard from Troya rep. I got few samples from him and I might try carrying these if they are any good. The price point seems pretty decent.
Thanks for the info. Pepin is slowly getting a few cigars out there, and some private blends.

I've had a few Troya, not available locally, but I wonder if Pepin had a hand in them. The time frame would be right for when I bought them, I think. (2001)
PICT0010.JPG

I've had a few Troya, not available locally, but I wonder if Pepin had a hand in them. The time frame would be right for when I bought them, I think. (2001)

If I heard correctly, no. Troya was around for a while, but cigars were not marketed as their primary product. The company mainly concentrated on other tobacco products. This has changed recently and cigars became their only product. They are trying to promote their cigars in a big way and Pepin blend does exactly that.

Edited to add : Oh.. I didn't know you were taking about dark side... That I'm not sure about.. :p
PS : Couldn't you make that picture any bigger!