• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Corona Cigar HERF

DevilsMilk

8-5-8, 8-9-8, whatever it takes!
I am not sure when the new store will be open but it is located in Lake Mary, FL. I was just curious if anyone else was in the area wanted to get together and celebrate their grand opening with a little mini herf at their new store. PM me or reply here if interested. For those not familiar with Lake Mary the store is in the shopping plaza on 46A and International Pkwy.

Brad

Edit~

Ok its been settled I will see you guys on saturday at 5PM.

Wow... No body in the Orlando area! What's up with that. I am all alone. :(

Sorry Brad but I use too live about 3 miles from where the new store is about to open. I lived right off of SR46 in Sanford at the Hatteras Sound Apartments. Now I'm up here in Cornwall, NY just outside of West Point Military Academy. I know that Joe (jgohlke) might be intersted, he lives in Longwood and we ventured down to the Sand Lake store quite often. Drop him a PM and I'm sure he knows a few others that might want to go as well. Mention Oscar's name to him and you'll have a threesome at least..... :) :thumbs: :cool:

stogieman said:
Sorry Brad but I use too live about 3 miles from where the new store is about to open. I lived right off of SR46 in Sanford at the Hatteras Sound Apartments. Now I'm up here in Cornwall, NY just outside of West Point Military Academy. I know that Joe (jgohlke) might be intersted, he lives in Longwood and we ventured down to the Sand Lake store quite often. Drop him a PM and I'm sure he knows a few others that might want to go as well. Mention Oscar's name to him and you'll have a threesome at least..... :) :thumbs: :cool:
[snapback]212199[/snapback]​

Stogieman,

Thanks for the tip. I think I will drop him a line.

Brad

Work has been busy and I haven't had too much time to cruise the forums...I missed this thread.

Heck yeah, I plan to be there! I have been by the store a couple of times, it doesn't look like they are making much progress on the interior. The web page doesn't have a date either...Somebody holler if you see the sign.

We can plan to meet there for the grand opening, it should be fun.

In the meantime, I just found a smaller shop in Lake Mary on Lake Mary Blvd, in the same plaza as the Tijuana Flats...in fact it's right next door. I think it's called the Seminole Smoke Shop or something. I talked with Leo...seemed like a nice bunch of folks, some interesting stuff for a small store. Lots of Victor Sinclair stuff....I bought a couple of cigars (including my first AF Short Story).

Cheers,
Joe

I was not aware of the one on Lake Mary Blvd. I remember Cigar Bar was on Lake Mary Blvd and they moved over on 46A across the street from the New Corona Store, they are in the same plaza with Applebee's. I was never impressed with the attitude of the owners in that store. I drive by the new Corona store while picking up lunch to check it out since I work across the street from it. I will try to get updates. I was not given a date when I last checked a week ago.

Update on the new Corona store in Lake Mary. I peeked in the windows last Friday night. Not much progress. The drywall is up and plastered, no paint, bare floors, no interior.....

Cheers,
Joe

Thanks for the update Joe. At this rate, they'll be done by Xmas maybe....... :D :thumbs: :p

Thanks for the update. Its amazing to see how some stores can be built overnight and others take a year. Anyways thanks for the update and I will be ready with cigars in hand...

Ill be out there at the end of October. If they get there act together and open up around that time i would up to going.

Some news on the new Corona Cigar store in Lake Mary.....

My wife and I had dinner at Tijuana Flats (Mexican food) in Lake Mary and right next door is the Seminole Smoke Shop. As we are eating dinner, Jeff B. (the president of Corona Cigars) comes walking out of the cigar store, gets into the Corona Hummer and drives away. After we finish eating, we wandered into the cigar store. I guess the owners know each other and Jeff just dropped by to visit.

Here's what I found out:
The new store (Corona) has apartments above it and the city/county was giving them a hard time about their ventilation. I guess they had to really go above and beyond with a special ventilation system to get their permits approved. So, although it doesn't look like they have been making much progress, they really have been working on the store. That part is all finished now and they can focus their attention back on the store itself. Jeff is hoping to get the store opened in October.

cheers,
Joe

Thanks for the update Joe, keep us posted on any new goings on....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

Hey thanks for the update. In the mean time why are we waiting for this store to open when we have a perfectly good one down in Orlando off of Sand Lake! Anyone up for a herf soon?

Brad

I was in the neighborhood last night having dinner, so I snapped a few photos of the new store with my camera phone. The glare is pretty bad because I was shooting through the window, but you can mostly see....Looks like they still have a lot of work to do, but at least they are making some progress.

The yellow building on the left in the first photo is behind me (reflection from the window)

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

edits:typos

Thanks for the photos Joe, looks like they may be done with all the work by Bike Week (Feb 06') at the pace they are going....... :D :thumbs: :p

I agree with February time frame. Thanks Joe for the update and it looks pretty interesting. Let me know next time your in the area. There is a Cigar bar across the street to enjoy a fine smoke for the time being. Maybe a mini herf is in order.

Well you boys can count me in!!!! I am up in Jax but it is just a hop skip and a little drive down. Why wait for this to open... let's find something in between now and then. :)

Shiba,

I am all for a herf. Any thoughts on when and where? I know all the places for the most part in central Florida (Orlando area) but thats all I know for places. Unless we had it at someones home.

Brad

Heck if I know.. Can you all arrange something with one of your local places? You could get Joe to help if he ever gets done sending all these bombs!!! :)

I can even drive down there and smoke/drink with you all for a few hours one day.