• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

NEW Dell computer problem

xprinter

I bought a new dell computer to have for a back-up(need back-up for e-bay), when it arrived I hooked it up for a test and to load our programs. Well it would not boot not even the bios would boot. Their teck support really sucks after 4 hours :angry: we were nowhere, so I finially called costomer support to complain about teck support, that finially got me a teck that was in the US. He was really helpful and in 20 min. he figured the mother board was bad. No problem they would ship me a new mother board and have it installed at my home GREAT!

Here is the problem the mother board they sent is REFURISHED :angry: I thought I bought a new computer. Now I'm fighting them about this I want a new one! :angry:

Is this the way they now operate, I'm very close to just sending it back period and getting a gateway or are they just as bad now? :angry:

Send it back, you are within your rights to do so.
Either purchase another Dell from a different merchant OR,
"once bitten, twice shy" - buy a different make.

HP Pavilion :thumbs:

Just MHO.

Brian

Wierd. I have only had the best service from them in the past and always super fast.

Send it back. Dont get another dell. Also never get a toshiba. Had major problems with the lappy and tech support. More than half of the students form my computer engineering course had problems.Go for IBM, Sony,HP.

it really doesn't surprise me, tigerdirect pulled the same crap a few years ago, selling refurbed motherboards and memory sticks at full price. i would return it, period, and if they give you any crap, put it into dispute with your credit card company for mis-representation of product you ordered (after all, you did not order a refurb product, and i hope you used a credit card).

I bought a new dell computer to have for a back-up(need back-up for e-bay), when it arrived I hooked it up for a test and to load our programs. Well it would not boot not even the bios would boot. Their teck support really sucks after 4 hours :angry: we were nowhere, so I finially called costomer support to complain about teck support, that finially got me a teck that was in the US. He was really helpful and in 20 min. he figured the mother board was bad. No problem they would ship me a new mother board and have it installed at my home GREAT!

Here is the problem the mother board they sent is REFURISHED :angry: I thought I bought a new computer. Now I'm fighting them about this I want a new one! :angry:

Is this the way they now operate, I'm very close to just sending it back period and getting a gateway or are they just as bad now? :angry:

We're a Dell shop (meaning we only use Dell - servers to PC's). According to their warranty info - they can and do send out refurbished parts if they have them in stock. Just like some warranty companies replacing broken car parts with 'oem spec.' parts rather then true oem parts.

Now - the question in this case is - when was the PC purchased and shipped.

You have within 30 days of purchase to get a whole new system. If you are outside of the 30 day window - it's whatever Dell wants to supply.

PM me if you have any other questions.

it really doesn't surprise me, tigerdirect pulled the same crap a few years ago, selling refurbed motherboards and memory sticks at full price. i would return it, period, and if they give you any crap, put it into dispute with your credit card company for mis-representation of product you ordered (after all, you did not order a refurb product, and i hope you used a credit card).

He didn't receive a 'refurbished' pc - he received a refurbished replacment mother board.

Dell hasn’t impressed me much here. I’ve seen 4 desktop boxes go in the last 6 months in the office. We also have Compaq’s (HP now) on our production floor that have withstood tons of abuse and keep on running like champs 3+ years now.

Had to replace the hard drive on my Dell laptop 3 times, each time it was refurbished, that's their way of doing things.

Never bought a Dell again, that fixed the problem :)