• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New flash : Bumble bees

Beefcube

beeficus cubeicus
Had a lil' time to sit outside today with a cigar and found out those big fuzzy yellow and black bumble bees don't like cigar smoke.
Lil' sucker wouldn't stop buzzin over my head so I took a big draw and hit him with the smoke. Dang thing went crazy and danged into my hat a couple times before I had to give it a good swat to shoo it off.

liner notes : Don't mess with the bumble bees ! :(

Those giant fat yellow and black bees don't sting (thank God) but they can be irritating. I don't think any bees like smoke but it does seem to calm honey bees, I see the smokers all the time when they do shows about bees.

A few weeks ago, we had one really persistent bubmle bee. We named him Herb.

Now there are five that hang around all the time. These seem imperviuos to smoke though ???

Cheers,
Dixie

I have a fan in my br window. I guess it makes the exact noise they make cos there are always at least three yellowjackets hovering near my window. Luckily my screen is tight.

Ever tape an M80 on the end of a stick, light it and shove it into a hornet's nest?

The ones that survive the explosion get really ticked off :p

coventrycat86 said:
Ever tape an M80 on the end of a stick, light it and shove it into a hornet's nest?

:0 TFF :sign: :sign: :sign:

coventrycat86 said:

HAHAHAHA!!! Now that is a good use of pyrotechnics!!! :D

Folklore for ya. Back in the day.....a stick of dynamite was 9 1/2" long or about 240mm. An M80 was 80mm of that stick or a quarter stick of dynamite. This was corrupted in the fireworks trade because it sounded pretty good at the time to sell something called an M80. However, no 1/4 sticks of dynamite were sold as giant firecrackers. Until I hit the service I thought I had "real" M80's as a kid too but you won't believe what 80mm of dynamite can really do until you see it yourself.

My dad tells us stories of using 1/2 Sticks of TNT as Firecrackers. He says you would be amazed at the destruction that can be done with just a 1/2 stick :0 :lookup:

Oh, and Bumble Bee do indeed have stingers, just not all of them:

Important Facts To Know About Bumble Bees.

*Because they live in small nests bumble bees never swarm - so you can encourage a nest or two in the garden without fear of this happening.

*Bumble bees do not produce enough honey for commercial use, just a few grams at a time to feed their young

**Not all bumble bees have a sting. Drones (smaller male bees that hatch in mid summer ) have no sting at all.

*A bumble bees biggest enemy by far is a man armed with a pesticide spray. Like every other form of wildlife they are under serious threat from the chemicals we pour on the land.

*Bumble bees are much less aggressive than honey bees. Generally they will not attack a human at all, unless their life is under threat. Don't wave your arms wildly in their presence, stand quietly and once they smell you are not a flower with pollen they will move gently away.

**Bumble bees do not lose their sting and die if they use it, as a honey bee will.

*Encourage the bumble bee in your garden or farm and she will repay your kindness by pollinating your flowers, fruit and vegetables and giving you an excellent set on your blossom.

Folklore for ya.

Well, whatever it was I had gotten my hands on was just enough to blow the living crap out of the hornet's nest........almost :p

As I mentioned, a few of the "survivors" chased me back to the house and when I shut the screen door on them I finished off the rest of them with bug spray through the screen!!

I was a great day :D

but you won't believe what 80mm of dynamite can really do until you see it yourself.

Oh I can only imagine AVB, a real 1/4 of dynamite would have at least taken the whole maple tree down :sign:

Hey CC,

Next time.. deploy one of those Saturn Missle batteries and some Roman Candles.. that should effectively put some damage on a hornets nest. :D

On second thought... you would just get a angry swarm, probally not kill nearly as many as using the firecracker.