• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Guy

Triple_D

Triple_D
My name is Duane Deshotel from Ponchatoula, Louisiana. I'm a fedex courier and my hobbies are my pit bulls and my cigars. I'm excited about being part of cigar pass and look forward to being active. You may see me ask some questions that sound stupid but bear with me. Any comments are welcome.
Thanks

Welcome, Duane!

You know, a great way to get to know people on here is to do something called a bomb, which is when you send some other member(s) some nice cigars unsolicited.

Addy in profile!

that was just shameless, lumberg. LOL :p
welcome duane. we're a bunch of nuts
mixed with a few fruits(kinda sounds like
a gift basket)but i think you'll like it here.

LuckyDawg said:
that was just shameless, lumberg. LOL :p
welcome duane. we're a bunch of nuts
mixed with a few fruits(kinda sounds like
a gift basket)but i think you'll like it here.
Quick Primer, Duane:

I'm one of the nuts. LD is one of the fruits.

:sign:

Lumberg said:
Welcome, Duane!

You know, a great way to get to know people on here is to do something called a bomb, which is when you send some other member(s) some nice cigars unsolicited.

Addy in profile!
:lookup: :sign: :sign: :sign: :lookup:

Let the mouch fest begin!!!!LOL!!!

Welcome Triple-D this place is really off the wall, so kick back and dont take any crap from the FOGs. (Lumberg) :D

My addy is in my profile too!!!! LOL!!! :p

Thanks for your reply's and I will keep you guys in mind for a bomb or two. I've been reading post on this site for hours now it seems and I have a few questions. When doing the pass the cigars are sent in tupper ware right? Then the tupper ware is placed in a larger box. What do you normally send as a humidifier. My buddy uses the the small round metal cans they sell at the tobacco shop for pipe tobacco and then puts the %50/50 solution in it. It seems to work quite well. Is there a better way? I see some of these pass' with up to 40 cigars to start. Would 20 be enough to start a pass? I also wonder about the labels you speak of in the boxes. Do you have to make shipping labels for each of the participants? I realize you would have to include that info for the pass to make it's route. I'm just trying to figure it all out so I can start a little pass.

Triple_D said:
Thanks for your reply's and I will keep you guys in mind for a bomb or two. I've been reading post on this site for hours now it seems and I have a few questions. When doing the pass the cigars are sent in tupper ware right? Then the tupper ware is placed in a larger box. What do you normally send as a humidifier. My buddy uses the the small round metal cans they sell at the tobacco shop for pipe tobacco and then puts the %50/50 solution in it. It seems to work quite well. Is there a better way? I see some of these pass' with up to 40 cigars to start. Would 20 be enough to start a pass? I also wonder about the labels you speak of in the boxes. Do you have to make shipping labels for each of the participants? I realize you would have to include that info for the pass to make it's route. I'm just trying to figure it all out so I can start a little pass.
You can provide labels if you like. I think most people use a tupperdor ( a plastic container with a credo in it.). You don't even need 20 people for a pass. Somthing like 8 to 10 would be easier to manage.

I hope I managed to answer most of your questions.

phil

Welcome DDD to CP.

It can get a little cwazy here so I suggest a trade or two and then say one may tow passes. Continue to post and make yourself be known. Once you have established yourself then starting your own pass will be much easier.

Again welcome aboard looking forward to having you around.

BenjieV :D

Phil said:
You don't even need 20 people for a pass. Somthing like 8 to 10 would be easier to manage.

I hope I managed to answer most of your questions.

phil
i think he meant 20 or 40 cigars, not people
there phil.

20 can be a good starting lineup, duane, depending
on the 20!

todd

Yeah I was talking about the # of cigars. It will be a little while before I start my own pass. I don't have a big enough selection to do it now. I need to get a bigger better humidor. Any suggestions

Hey! welcome to the site!

You'll like it here, man.

Just remember jolly's adage and you'll do alright:
Never stab a person in the neck.

'tis a good adage. follow it, and you shall see the light.

what i did was took a cooler(150 qt?)and
glued sheets of cedar(the ones that are on
top of boxes of cigars)to the walls. makes
it smell just like a real humidor!! course i
caught a buzz and a half while glueing those
sheets to the walls. gotta pull your head out
every now and then or you get goofy off
the glue.(i realize some live for this sensation) :p

Back