• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New guys

PhoenixAshes

Hey everyone! I'm new to all of this and I am trying to braoden my horizons in the cigar universe. A few of my friends told me that this is the place where a true cigar is appreciated. If there is any advice that you could give I would love to hear it.

Welcome to CP! This is a great place with alot of knowledgable people who are always willing to help. I think you will like it here.

Hey Phoenix... Welcome to the group.

Why don't ya' tell us a little about what you've been smoking.

Well to be honest I don't know the names. I went into the smoke shop and told the clerk that I was looking to start smoking cigars and after a few jokes about my age he told me that he had a few sampler paks for noob's like me. I tried a couple of them so far and I haven't really found my taste yet I don't think. Still looking to find that right blend for me I guess . . .

Go check out the newbie trade thread. You can get a great deal. Plus welcome aboard, you will love it here. :D

Welcome aboard Bro!!

Try to keep your cigar bands and write on the back of them your thoughts after smoking them. If you do this a couple of times you will be able to start looking at the bands and remember what your thoughts were without reading them. Just a tip to help you out. Then it will be easyer for some one here to help you find your spot in the very wide range of smokes that are out there.

Just trying to help.

PEACE,
Styx

welcome! i have been smoking about 4 months now. im amazed how fast you can learn about gars if you try! went from not knowing that a cigar needed clipped, to the guy everyone asks about cigars at work.. lol..

also, in 2 months i went from 0 gars, to 2 hummis, and a 100Q coolerdor! im obsessive i guess.

guess the best way to go is to do some newbie sampler trades, smoke every thing you can get. keep a record as well. read everything you can get as well. it wont be long and you will right up to speed..

now the reality check... i know enough to know i dont know shyt! but at least its more than when i started!

hey!

welcome NOOOOOOOOOB

:D

here's my adage i tell to every new member:
never stab a person in the neck.

it's like a loony bin here!

lemme tell you.

if you wanna save money, buy one of those 300 count humidors (if you like looks)
for like 130 bucks. then try and fill it up, but don't buy any more humidors.
else you'll wanna fill that one up too.

then you become poor :D

i have a 75 count humidor. if i buy anything else, i know i'll be tempted to spend even more money, and since i'm a college student, i don't have the funds to do so.

Welcome! :D

Just remember this.......so many cigars, so little time. ;)

PhoenixAshes said:
A few of my friends told me that this is the place where a true cigar is appreciated. If there is any advice that you could give I would love to hear it.
They were right. Tried a Helix yet?

Try one but don't buy more than a couple. You'll like the first but then you'll start to appreciate the stronger cigars.

P.A. welcome to the good life.

Go for the Newbie trade.

Go for the Newbie trade.

Go for the Newbie trade.

Now get back to work. :D

M3

Howdy & welcome to CP........ :)
I say check out cigarbid.com and bid low but bid alot. Do some research on some of the cigars first and then get a bunch of five packs first till you find something you like. Never buy a box before you tried some first or you'll get stuck with a box of dog rockets. :) :thumbs: :)

A few of my friends told me that this is the place where a true cigar is appreciated

Well, it's great to see you associate with some very knowledgealbe, and intelligent people :D :D

WELCOME, to the best cigar BB ever!!