• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New HTC Thunderbolt

northernmoris

FFOX Whore
Anyone here pick up the new Thunderbolt? If so what are your first impressions? Thinking about selling my DX for one..

I'm personally holding out for the Bionic. Until my D1 with CyanogenMod 7 will be just fine.

I'm waiting out the Bionic as well.

I'm personally holding out for the Bionic. Until my D1 with CyanogenMod 7 will be just fine.

Just curious, what about the bionic do you prefer? Unfortunately no Cyanogen for the DX.. Stupid locked boot loader.

Cyanogen isn't the only rom out there is it?

I know with my incredible there are a bunch of different roms...and I'm pretty sure the X can be rooted as well, or no?

Just curious, what about the bionic do you prefer? Unfortunately no Cyanogen for the DX.. Stupid locked boot loader.

Dual core processor. I also don't like HTC's modifications to the UI. I can't say much technically against the modifications; it's just a preference.

I know with my incredible there are a bunch of different roms...and I'm pretty sure the X can be rooted as well, or no?

The ROM cannot be replaced on the X at this time.. The bootloader is digitally signed and encrypted, but android hackers are working on it! As far as rooting, I think you can, but I'm not 100% sure since I never looked beyond my D1.

As far as ROM's, there are many. Cyanogen is the only one I have used, though.

Dual core processor. I also don't like HTC's modifications to the UI. I can't say much technically against the modifications; it's just a preference.

The ROM cannot be replaced on the X at this time.. The bootloader is digitally signed and encrypted, but android hackers are working on it! As far as rooting, I think you can, but I'm not 100% sure since I never looked beyond my D1.

As far as ROM's, there are many. Cyanogen is the only one I have used, though.

We are capable of doing everything to the DX except for changing the kernal. I run a ROM called Liberty.. Love it.
It looks like they got a good start on the Tbolt, full root, r/w permissions and some more..

We are capable of doing everything to the DX except for changing the kernal. I run a ROM called Liberty.. Love it.
It looks like they got a good start on the Tbolt, full root, r/w permissions and some more..

I stand corrected.