• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Humidor - present from the wife for our 25th

jgohlke

My other hobby
We celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary early in March and my wife gave me this custom-built humidor.
standard.jpg

She commissioned it back in Sept and has been secretly working on it with the guy for months. She even snuck out into my shop and stole my last piece of black walnut that I had left over from a stash of wood my dad got back in the mid 60's. The humidor is trimmed with it. She also took a small piece of cherry from a tree I cut down several years ago. He made the door handles out of it.

Here's a picture without the flash:
standard.jpg

The top has my initials inlaid with black walnut:
standard.jpg

The top has a place for loose cigars and the dividers are made to be adjustable.
standard.jpg

The shelves are adjustable with wooden pegs on the sides.
standard.jpg

Needless to say, I was totally stunned. It was a great gift and something I'll keep forever. Work has been keeping me busy and I didn't get around to posting this until now, but I wanted to share. Pretty cool...pretty great wife too!

Just so you guys (and gals) don't think I'm a total slacker, I took us both to a log cabin in the north Georgia mountains for a week for our anniversary.
standard.jpg

Very nice piece Joe! Certainly something to treasure for years. Congrats on your 25th anniversary also!

Joe, congrats on the 25th anniversary and that Merry is a keeper!

She done did good :thumbs:

That is very nice. You're wife is to be commended...and smothered in diamonds :D

WOW! That is beautiful and a heck of a gift. Your wife hit it out of the park.

Congratulations on your anniversary, too.

Wow!! You're wife is a real gem indeed! What a testament to 25 years of hard work and being in the doghouse! :sign:

Congratulations!! Now, I just have to show my wife this thread!!

BTW, who did she go through? have any contact info?

Congratulations on the 25th Anniversary! Your wife is something special! all I can say is wowwee wow wow!!!! Very impressive!!! It is unlike any other humi I have seen, which makes it all the more special.
Treat her well! (the wifey that is!)

That is awesome. What a great present. It is so great when your Wife takes an interest in you hobby. We will be celebrating our 18th Anniversary this year, and for our 10th, my wife got me my J.C. Pendergast humidor. It is one of, if not the best things she ever got for me.

Dave

Wow Joe, that thing is gorgeous. Congratulations on the new humi and your 25th.

B.E.A.Utiful.

I saw that and seriously let out a whistle. one of the most beautiful Humi's I've ever seen, hands down.

I suppose after 25 years ya get to know what's special to each other, she knows well.

Wow. Bravo to your wifey. Thats what I call a KEEPER! ;)

Wonderful humidor bro! And an even more wonderful wife to think of it, and get it done all on the sly!! Gratz on the 25th!!

Don

Beautiful! Thoughtful gift.

Congrats on the 25th, is there any silver inlay for 25 years? :D

Brian

It's a beautiful humidor, but the true beauty is in the thoughtfulness of your wife by incorporating materials that remind your of your family, and 25 years together.

Looks to me that you have two treasures!

That is one sweet humi and congratulations on 25 years, that's quite a milestone.