• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

New Humidor Setup

TheLostGringo

Go Red Sox!
I am considering a Humidor project that will use an unused closet that I currently have in my house. I have seen quite a few projects where a Humidor has been built or made from a different piece of furniture and a Humidification system has been added. Including reading Rod's review of the Avallo system witch seams like a great way to go.

My question is has anyone done any of these projects and added a cooling system to their do-it-themselves project. If so could you point me to the cooling unit that was used and how have your results been so far.

TIA

I'm sure someone here will have some info...mine is to:
Call these guys.

Thanks Gary, have looked at this website before and I do not believe they provide Temp Control services only Temp/Humidity Monitoring and Humidity control.

COOLERS:
Thermo-Electric Coolers

Item Model

Description

HM-TEC-M:
Medium call for dimensions 200 BTU/hr

HM-TEC-ML:
M-Large call for dimensions 625 BTU/hr

;)

I'm adding one of THESE cooling units to my new wine cellar, I don't see why it couldn't be used in the application your taliking about.

My current unit ..... HERE .... uses a Breezaire Cooling System and it maintains a 60 deg. all year long.

:cool: